Exams results instant share

Hi everyone, I’ll copy a message sent do Mr. Miller today:

yesterday I asked if there was possible to ‘instant’ share lab results and radiology images with colleagues that would eventually use the app. Dimitris told me to look out for you, sir. He also said that ‘It’s not hard to do all these manually, to be honest. Just export your files and send them via e-mail.’
I believe it would not be hard, indeed, but we are talking about a group of people that are, sometimes, as we say in Brazil, ‘digitally illiterate’, so I was thinking that if we could simplify the MOST, the better

Hello! What exactly would you like to be able to share? Also, do you want to just share pdfs like the Reports that OpenEMR is already capable of creating, or do you prefer to send the actual database records in a way that the recipient can import to their own database? (Thus keep data as if they were their doctor)

the ideia is similar to counselling, or a forum. As if I have a patient with a non-classic pulmonary image on chest xray, and I want to share exam results, lab tests, images with a colleague, on some ‘friends list’, asking for a second opinion. not exactly exporting the archive, just allowing another user to participate on the approach
I am making myself clear?

Ok, I get it. Just wanted to clarify if you lean towards a specific approach.

ok! :grin:

Andre,

Excited to hear your feedback from trying out OpenEMR!

In OpenEMR, there is a messaging feature. Perhaps the feature you describe could have a user list to “share” with and that user would receive a message with a link to the lab.

Although I am not a clinician, my understanding is that radiologists and pathologists like to be able to “share” labs with others (sometimes outside of their healthcare system). We may want to think about external shares

-m

Yeah, sort of. I am talking about a multidisciplinary approach. Teamwork and not only office practice. For example: here at my work, we are divided in ‘teams’, with a physician, a nurse, 5-6 “community agents’l” and a dentist. we care about 4k patients. each ‘agent’ covers a group of patients.
I would like to create groups of professionals, from different specialities, and discuss cases

I see. This is where my lack of clinical knowledge shows.

Can anyone else chime in here?

I was ‘second-thinking’ about it today. It would be a needed a huge
development effort and Primary Care is not on the spot nowadays in America.
maybe if more clinicians, when and if they do, talk about this subject, we
could work on it

1 Like

I understand. If you do have any ideas on how to improve general team workflows in OpenEMR, please submit them. I’m sure there are OpenEMR provider groups out there!

In my opinion, primary care patients/diseases could also be seen as tasks,
just like, and please ignore my lack of programming skills, when you github
a script, only a little more complex. with OpenEMR, and the great mind of
yours, I see that is possible to DOCUMENT a LOT of things that will be
useful furthermore.
in practice office we collect lots of data but we lose TONS of INFORMATION