Error Messages with Availity / COVID19 HRSA Uninsured Testing and Treatment Fund claims

Dear all,
I am trying to submit claims through Availity but I got these errors:

• “Functional Group Not Supported.”
  • “Element GS02 (Application Sender’s Code) has a data type of ‘Alphanumeric’ (AN).
    Trailing spaces are not allowed. Segment GS is defined in the guideline at position N/A.”

Availity support told me to remove the 2 spaces after the “Interchange Sender ID” which I did, will this resolve these errors or is the extra space a third error? If so any insight on the first two errors?

Thanks in advance

hi @moussa, you should remove trailing spaces in the Application Sender Code as well.

I resolved the space issue and I am moving one step forward. Now I have this rejection:

Unrecognized data was found in the data file as part of Loop 2010BB. The last kn
own Segment was NM1 at guideline position 0150.

Any suggestion how to resolve this issue?

hi @moussa, make use of the Log in the billing manager. It probably says the insurance company is missing the payer id.

Thank you @stephenwaite for your suggestion. looking at the Billing Manager’s log.

I can fill some of the missing fields. But there is no policy number for the patients. This is the HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Program https://covid19coverageassistance.ssigroup.com/assets/pdf/ClaimSubmissionGuide.pdf

The Availity support said something about payer id but he said he will look more into it. I do have the payor ID though.

Does it need to be somewhere else?

Hi @moussa, definitely attend to all of those errors. For the insured info edit the demographics.

Thanks again. I filled as much as I could and generated a new X12 file and sent it to Availity.

One issue that I had to correct manually is the state, they only allow 2 characters but the X12 file has the full state name, since they are all in one state I do find and replace, but I was wondering if there is a fix for that?

Well I am still having the same rejection:

Unrecognized data was found in the data file as part of Loop 2010BB. The last kn
own Segment was NM1 at guideline position 0150.

I talked to Availity and they told me that I need to add the address

COVID19 HRSA Uninsured Testing and Treatment Fund
UnitedHealth Group, Attention: CARES Act Provider Relief Fund
PO Box 31376, Salt Lake City, UT 84131-0376

Found here

I would like to edit the title now knowing what is the issue to it is easier for anyone else to fix it in the future.

Availity / COVID19 HRSA Uninsured Testing and Treatment Fund Error Messages