Error messages after installation

lasan13 wrote on Friday, January 02, 2015:

Hi
I have installed openemr. When i login to the system there is error at top left corner of the navigation bar saying

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/healthla/public_html/emr/interface/main/left_nav.php:1) in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/interface/globals.php on line 101

Further there are error messages in the Administrative >> Global section

ERROR: query failed: SELECT * FROM lang_definitions JOIN lang_constants ON lang_definitions.cons_id = lang_constants.cons_id WHERE lang_id=? AND constant_name = ? LIMIT 1

Error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘=’

Please help me to sort this out
Thanks

fsgl wrote on Friday, January 02, 2015:

If hosting, try reinstall as explained here.

lasan13 wrote on Saturday, January 03, 2015:

hi
Thanks for your help . I have installed in remote hosting account through c panel. I have followed the all steps mentioned here still error is there.
Any more suggestions please

fsgl wrote on Saturday, January 03, 2015:

Provide the following:

1. screenshots of each, with patient information deleted.
  2. fatal error messages from error logs.

lasan13 wrote on Saturday, January 03, 2015:

hi
I have attached 3 screen shots with errors

1. Error message at the 1st screen left navigation menu… (Error1.png)

Hi
I have attached screen shots of the error messages here with

1. Error-01 at Left Navigation pannel

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/healthla/public_html/emr/interface/main/left_nav.php:1) in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/interface/globals.php on line 101

1. Error-02 at Administration >> Global tab (Error2.png_

ERROR: query failed: SELECT * FROM lang_definitions JOIN lang_constants ON lang_definitions.cons_id = lang_constants.cons_id WHERE lang_id=? AND constant_name = ? LIMIT 1

Error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘=’

/home/healthla/public_html/emr/library/translation.inc.php at 36:sqlStatementNoLog
/home/healthla/public_html/emr/library/globals.inc.php at 2022:xl(Māori)
/home/healthla/public_html/emr/interface/super/edit_globals.php at 12:require_once(/home/healthla/public_html/emr/library/globals.inc.php)

1. Error-03 - Administration >> Practices tab ( eeror3.pnng)

Strict Standards: Non-static method Controller::act() should not be called statically in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/controller.php on line 5

Strict Standards: Non-static method Pharmacy::pharmacies_factory() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/controllers/C_Pharmacy.class.php on line 47
Practice Settings

please see it and advice me
Thanks

fsgl wrote on Saturday, January 03, 2015:

Be certain to correct any permission problems by implementing solutions offered in the section under “Database Permission Problem” on this webpage.

Of equal importance is “Locate the Error Log”. There are pop-up error messages but no error logs were included in your post.

The entire article is exceedingly helpful. I would suggest that you read it from start to finish at some point in time.

After fixing everything (to avoid future problems) described in the webpage, then re-install.

If no resolution, post fatal errors from error logs.

visolveemr wrote on Monday, January 05, 2015:

Hello

For the first error you mentioned, just try opening the /interface/globals.php and interface/main/left_nav.php file in another editor or save file with plain ASCII or as UTF-8 without the BOM. For windows try using notepad. For reference: reference_link.

And for other issues do provide your php version for more analysis.

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

lasan13 wrote on Tuesday, January 06, 2015:

Hi fsgl and ViSolve
Thanks for your advises.
@ViSolve : I was able to fix the error 1 according to your advise
But other issues are still there

PHP version : 5.4
I have attached the error_log here with as well
Thanks again for you support

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, January 06, 2015:

Hello

Try changing your error_reporting value in php.ini file as below:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

and regarding error 2, try checking whether the collations for the tables “lang_definitions” and “lang_constants” are same.

Thanks
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com

Hi
collations for the tables are not same.

lang_constants : latin1_bin
lang_definitions :latin1_swedish_ci

do i need to change it manually?

Thanks

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, January 06, 2015:

Yes, use common collations for both the table. This will resolves the issue.

In future, you can set the default collation for your database using the following query.

ALTER DATABASE <<your database name>> DEFAULT COLLATE <<collation_name>>;

Thanks
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com

hi
I have made collation of all the tables to "latin1_swedish_ci " but still error is there

lasan13 wrote on Thursday, January 08, 2015:

Hi All
I’m still troublling to install this in my hosting account. I tired to do a new installation.

In the step 4 - Although it says connection to the database is success I can see some notices. I wonder this may cause all the problems.

"
Strict Standards: Declaration of dbTable::create() should be compatible with dbObject::create() in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/gacl/adodb/adodb-xmlschema.inc.php on line 599

Strict Standards: Declaration of ADODB2_mysql::_CreateSuffix() should be compatible with ADODB_DataDict::_CreateSuffix($fname, $ftype, $fnotnull, $fdefault, $fautoinc, $fconstraint) in /home/healthla/public_html/emr/gacl/adodb/datadict/datadict-mysql.inc.php on line 180"

I have attached screen shot as well.Please help me to sort it out
Thank you

fsgl wrote on Thursday, January 08, 2015:

The problem is with Step 2.

Since this copy is hosted, Server Host & User Hostname are not localhost.

Ask Support for the IP address running MySQL & Apache/PHP, then re-install.

lasan13 wrote on Friday, January 09, 2015:

Hi All
Finally…it seems to be working now… :slight_smile:

I re-installed the system in a sub directory instead of a sub-domain and also changed collation of the language_constant table as “utf8_general_ci”

Thanks all for your support.

fsgl wrote on Friday, January 09, 2015:

Nice.

Thanks for the followup. It will help other members.

vikrant19 wrote on Sunday, January 11, 2015:

I am also facing same error (Muditha’s error 2_.png) after installation of OpenEMR 4.2.0.

Tried all above mentioned solution but not able to resolve it. tried following:

1. changed lang_constants : latin1_swedish_ci & lang_definitions:latin1_swedish_ci

2. re-installed the system in a sub directory instead of a sub-domain

3. changed collation of the language_constant table as “utf8_general_ci”

Kindly help me on this… Need to resolve this setup issue.

fsgl wrote on Sunday, January 11, 2015:

Be certain the collation of lang_constants, lang_custom, lang_definitions & lang_languages of your database matches that in the 4.2.0 Demo.

lasan13 wrote on Sunday, January 11, 2015:

did you try to make both table in to “utf8_general_ci”"??

bradymiller wrote on Monday, January 12, 2015:

Hi,

Important that when you create a database manually to use UTF8 encoding. This way all the tables will use that encoding. Otherwise, you may end up with latin1 encoding which may cause above illegal mix errors.

-brady
OpenEMR