End of MU?

yehster wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

There’s going to be something replacing it, but we have to wait and see it seems.

http://www.internalmedicinenews.com/practice-economics/health-reform/single-article/cmss-slavitt-end-of-meaningful-use-imminent-in-2016/94653f2ba164a8131ca214d5325c0d74.html

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

While offering few details, Slavitt pointed to March 25 as “an important date” for these new initiatives …

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, January 13, 2016:

In 2015 the Sustainable Growth Rate would have meant a 21% across-the-board cut to physicians’ Medicare reimbursement. That would have been on top of the 2% ongoing reduction as a result of sequestration.

Had there been no repeal of SGR with the passage of MACRA in April last year; only those practices, which treat predominately Medicaid patients, would accept Medicare. They would have been overwhelmed in short order.

This FAQ offers a good explanation of the “Doc Fix”. FAQ 6 & 7 are most informative. Continuation of Meaningful Use & probably more than 9 e-CQM’s to report.

If Mr. Slavitt thinks that MACRA will win back the hearts & minds of physicians, he is in for a rude awakening.

robertdown wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

Another article http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/857257

sunsetsystems wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

So Slavitt says:

In 2016, MU (meaningful use) as it has existed — with MACRA — will now be effectively over and replaced with something better.

I’m at a loss for words.

Rod

bradymiller wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

Hi,
Being a pessimist, I don’t believe it. My guess is that they will rewrap it with MIPS.
-brady

fsgl wrote on Friday, January 15, 2016:

Mr. Slavitt’s old job as CEO of Unitedhealthcare’s Ingenix unit does not conjure up warm memories in the hearts & minds of physicians.

Meaningful Use will be consolidated into one program, Merit-Based Incentive Payment System. See 1 & timeline.

The “innovation” will be report cards for physicians. F means penalties, P means no change; while high pass means some increase. See 2 & 3.

If the subliminal message to Wall Street that new & better tools to squeeze physicians will result in greater corporate profits, AMA leadership should stop applauding.