Duplicate patient IDs

Situation
Hi, I started using the patient portal.
Yesterday I activate the portal for two clients as I normally would, but somehow they ended up with usernames that matched the other person.
When our tech checked the database, he said the two users had the same patient ID. It was replicated in the database.

This raises concerns about if the patients had access to each other’s information.

Is anyone aware of or had this happen to them?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1(4)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 10

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

Login portal user name is based on email address. Portal user name is the portal account.
What are the portal_login_usernames? If patients have same email the their pid is appended to username.
My bet is that both duplicate patient pid’s have the same account id so in this case, the first record will be used.

Still concerning and I haven’t seen this issue from anybody else however, worth getting to the bottom of.

Please have your IT guy PM me a screenshot of the table. No worries with privacy because even with the information one can’t do a lot with it as it is encrypted. Or email it to sjpadgett@gmail.com. I’m mainly interested in user names and user login names.

Or delete the two records and try to enable portal again.