Docker and 5.0.2

If I clone rel-502 and run with the docker-compose.yml, the container never finishes installation, failing with the text at the bottom of this post. When I use the docker-compose.yml in the current devops version, it fails a few times while mysql is loading then completes. Is there some difference between the docker image of 5.0.2 used by devops (openemr-devops/docker/openemr/5.0.2 at master · openemr/openemr-devops · GitHub) and the resulting image made directly from 5.0.2? Is there something incorrect in the docker-compose.yml file coming with 5.0.2?

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘OpenEMR\Common\Utils\RandomGenUtils’ not found in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/authentication/password_hashing.php:53
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/classes/Installer.class.php(360): oemr_password_salt()
#1 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/classes/Installer.class.php(633): Installer->add_initial_user()
#2 /var/www/localhost/htdocs/auto_configure.php(42): Installer->quick_install()
#3 {main}
thrown in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/library/authentication/password_hashing.php on line 53
Couldn’t set up. Any of these reasons could be what’s wrong:

• You didn’t spin up a MySQL container or connect your OpenEMR container to a mysql instance
  • MySQL is still starting up and wasn’t ready for connection yet
  • The Mysql credentials were incorrect

Hi Derek,

Can you paste the docker-compose.yml script that you are using.
It sounds like you are using a flex docker (can confirm that when see the docker-compose.yml); if so, ensure you are using most recent image:
OpenEMR flex docker updated

-brady

1 Like

I just needed to
docker pull openemr/openemr:flex
as you suggested. I didn’t practice good image hygiene and most of my local images were way old.

Thank you so much Brady, your leadership and support is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

2 Likes