Deleting accidentally inputted encounters

mawalker33 wrote on Sunday, August 03, 2008:

when we were getting our open emr system up and running we had someone not familiar with the system accidentally added around 100 encounters.  is there a way to take these encounters out of the system?

openemrhq wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

Hi Matt,

I can’t remember now and I’m not at my office to check but, as far as I remember, there is no real way to easily delete accidentally entered encounters in OpenEMR. Right now, IIRC, it’s a hunt, find, delete, type thing directly from the tables.

Can anyone correct me on this if I’m wrong?

Good Luck,
Dave Kennerson
OpenEMR HQ, Inc.

sunsetsystems wrote on Wednesday, August 06, 2008:

There is a "Delete" link or button for encounters, patients and a couple of other things that appears if you have admin/super permission.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

Where does this option appear? What window do I go to to select an encounter and delete it?

@sourdoughpablo

1. Login as admin
  2. Once you click on the encounter, you could able to see the encounter screen.
  3. Click on the delete button to delete the particular encounter.
    For your reference, kindly find the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Hello,

As stated above in this feed, I’m able to delete such encounter as a Super Admin, however, my user with a role of physician 1) would like to do the same to delete entire Encounter on his/her own 2) Additionally, this physician user would like to delete patient’s entire ‘Medical Problem’ issue – see attached screenshot.

This ‘Delete’ button shows up only for Super Admin so what a specific (granular) functionality in a role or/and change in which .php file; would I need to make for my user (physician) to be able to do such deletes? I also tried to add such functionality within a local custom administrator role but it didn’t work either – seems only it does work for Super /System administrator user with superuser role… thus I couldn’t find a granular ‘delete’ or similar functionality I would like to add to a physician role/user.
medical-problem-delete
Thank you.