Deep analytics in openemr?

Hello,

I have started to use openemr recently and I tried few modules and other functionalities work flow. I just raising this question out of curiosity, is that possible to implement deep analytics in openemr??

Thanks.

Hello @deldev - welcome back!
I suppose it depends on what you mean by ‘deep analytics’.
OpenEMR’s report forms simply display the results of queries run on the database. If you can build the query you want you can put it into a report form to run when it’s needed.

Otherwise, I imagine it’d be more efficient to find a pre-existing tool that does the ‘deep analytics’ you want and direct the outputs to where OpenEMR can find it to display, instead of duplicating those capabilities in OpenEMR.

Does that make sense, or do I not understand your question?

Best- HT

If I understand your question, you can use R to do data analytics. You would need to familiarize yourself with the data schema. There are probably external apps that can use machine learning if you are trying to make predictions. All of which would require custom development for things that do not already exist.

Yes, I found this library online GitHub - RubixML/ML: A high-level machine learning and deep learning library for the PHP language. which can be used in php to get predictions based on data. I am not that experienced to conclude the possibilities to attain deep analytics using this library. It would be very helpful if somebody could guide me on this.

Thanks

Hi @deldev -
That would qualify as the custom development/ professional support @growlingflea mentioned, particularly since the RubixML is not part of the OpenEMR codebase.
I’ve seen Dan’s analytics work; if you’re thinking of hiring pro support talk to him first.
Good luck with your project- Harley

Thank you I will try.