DB insert to form_vitals?

tdesmidt wrote on Tuesday, October 29, 2013:

I seem to recall in versions prior to 4.1.1 you could do a remote insert to form_vitals with just a pid, date, and vitals data.

It seems that the vitals form needs to pickup an entry from the form_id column of the forms table for the vitals entry to stick, but I am having the hardest time determining how to generate that remotely.

Complicating matters; I need to associate vitals with an encounter # instead of going straight to pid.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, October 29, 2013:

the key pieces to import vitals are the tables “forms”, “form_encounter” and “form_vitals”

“forms” holds a record of every form and every form must have an encounter to be displayable

yehster wrote on Tuesday, October 29, 2013:

The form_id for the forms table comes when a new autoincrement value is generated in the form_vitals table’s id column when the insert happens.

Hello everyone, i want to put in vital signs automated by a raspberry pi. the connection between the raspberry pi and the database of openemr is made by mirht connect. a databasewriter write the vital signs in the form_vitals table, but the problem is, when i put a new vital sign manually by openemr, it overrites the existing vital sign. can anybody help plz?