Custom vitals form 5.01

Hello all,

I am getting ready to upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 and testing compatibility with the upgrade. I have worked out most of the changes, but am having an issue with the vitals form.

I had previously customized the vitals form in 5.0.0 and added the new fields to the MySQL table. If I replace the 5.0.1 with my customized copy of the vitals folder in htdocs/openemr/interface/forms/ then it ignores my changes. I am not understanding how it would be reading the exact same files differently between versions.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Custom Vitals folder can be seen here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qkApultYJNWhHiVrByQmMTuC9FMC9dE/view?usp=sharing

I had removed Head Circumference and added Met Max and Percent Body Fat.
Note the difference of 5.0.0 on the left and 5.0.1 on the right.

Hmm, because this is a Smarty form perhaps the form has not recompiled after you replace 5.0.1 version with your version.
Best bet may be to go to the \interface\main\calendar\modules\PostCalendar\pntemplates\compiled directory and delete all content(compiled forms) inside that directory.
Now run your form.

1 Like

That did the trick. Thank you! Couldn’t for my life figure out where it was caching it.

You’re Welcome. Smarty is pretty good at compiling outdated or new versions but not sure why here. I think eventually it would have recompiled.

1 Like

Same question, 5.0.1 to 5.0.2. I see I can get Smarty to recompile by removing the files in sites\default\documents\smarty\main

Hi @Davidnic ,
For both 5.0.1 and 5.0.2, should be able to do this within OpenEMR at Administration->Other->Calendar->Clear Smarty Cache
(note this works for all smarty compile in OpenEMR; the calendar and cache are misnomers)

1 Like