Custom forms using formmaker.pl

Situation
Hello members. I have used openemr since 2017 and done a lot with it, therefore that all for your contribution.
I recently came across Form maker and I have been trying to make custom forms, but unable.
I have followed all the instructions laid out here ( OpenEMR Formscript Form Creation Tool - OpenEMR Project Wiki ).

I first stared by installing PERL in my system, currently running version 5.30.0.
The problem starts when I run ./formscript.pl or perl formscript.pl. while in /openemr/contrib/forms/formmaker/ where I’ m greeted by the error in the screenshot below.

After this I tried to run ./formscript.pl sample.txt and got this error

Then I decide to copy the formmarker to openemr/interface/forms/ and on forms administration on openemr try to register the form. When I tried to install the database I get the error shown below.

Is this tool still usable today? I have seen conversations about it that happened long time ago i.e. 2007 and 2008.
Please assist me I want to use this wonder tool.
Regards

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 6.O

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu 20.0

Can you install one of the existing custom forms and then modify that custom form to your liking?
I am assuming that layout based forms (which require no coding at all) are not meeting your needs,
–RBL

@Ralf_Lukner thank you for your suggestion. It is true layout based forms are not meeting our needs because it is difficult to us to make a good look and feel. I thought of using formscript.pl if at all is working because then it looks easier to use that modify and existing form to make a new one. Thank you again.

1 Like

Interested in this aspect … were you able to get it to work, any advances on this front?