Creating a custom form, not using CAMOS nor Nation Notes - Not saving to the database

Situation
Because the provider didn’t like the output/report from CAMOS, LBF built in form builder, nor anything else available, and he wants a custom form with custom output and automations (to be later added), I have begun creating a new form. I looked at all of the other forms currently in OpenEMR and figured out the file structure and php, etc…
I have created the form, it appears to work, the table in the database is there as well. The form appears to submit on save, but when I check the database it does not actually save/Post anything to the database.
I have had my php code reviewed and no errors have been identified.

How can I find out how to fix the issues if no errors are presenting in console or apache logs?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 7.02

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu

Search
Did you search the forum for similar questions? Yes

Logs
Did you check the logs? Yes, php and apache logs
Was there anything pertinent in them? no current errors
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

Hi @jpitman1010
Welcome to the OpenEMR community, hope you find the answers you’re looking for.
Gotta say I’m surprised that nobody has answered your post in these 5 days.

I’m a UI/ user training kinda guy not a dev so I know I can’t help you with this. But maybe posting in the ‘development’ thread,

would get SOME useful response?
Good luck- Harley

1 Like

hi @jpitman1010 , you could also submit a pull request to the codebase repo where it could easily be reviewed, see getting started contributing.

1 Like

Thanks so much for reaching out! It is a tricky one. I have had a couple of programmers (1 that works with Openemr and another that doesn’t) try to help figure out the issue. It seems my code is fairly solid, but I am missing something and do not even know what to look for! I will keep at it and maybe once I find the answer I can update the post and help future folks who are daring enough to take on such a task figure it out.

Umm encounter forms are very straight forward to develop!
If you’re saving and not showing in tables i.e forms and your created encounter form table then you’re not inserting correctly.
Review current encounter forms code or in contrib dir to get ideas.