Copying Pages to Patient Chart from Fax Dispatch not working since v5.0.1 upgrade

Hi there,

Is anyone else who uses Hylafax (or the dispatch feature on Fax/Scan) having the issue above, since upgrading to v5.0.1? Here is the screenshot:

I click on the patient search field, and nothing happens. Real bummer…

-Venu

Check do Pop-up blocker…

Hi @APerez, there’s no pop-up being blocked. When I hit Dispatch from the Fax tab, the window above pops up fine. When I click within the patient field, nothing happens. I don’t remember exactly what happened before the upgrade, but I was taken to a patient search screen.

Tried Firefox and a different user too, same problem.

-Venu

I’m wondering if this may have something to do with the new dialog that replaced fancybox. It was never tested (i’m aware) for fax service. I’ve never been in this code or used fax but if someone can check for console or log errors and report, i’ll look at. Also, am I correct in assumption that patient finder does not popup?

If I remember correctly, before the upgrade the patient finder would pop-up after clicking in the patient field on the dispatch pop-up. Once the patient name was selected, it would populate the patient field.

Still need to know if there are any errors in browser console log.

If you’ll point me in the right direction on where to find the browser console log, I’ll locate the possible error and report back.

Okay, here are the errors in Chrome. When I do the first click in the patient field the fax dispatch window, I get this:

When I click again in the same field, I get this:

Hmm, dialog is trying to load jquery because it is not in scope of dialog call. It’s the root for the url that is missing and should be available for the script but appears not so. I’ll look to see if I can resolve.

Hi @vrjula I believe I have this fixed however, I could only test the patient pop up. The rest I assume is working so let me know if this works for you. The P.R is: Fax module update by sjpadgett · Pull Request #1606 · openemr/openemr · GitHub After a short code review i’ll bring into codebase so you can use (today).

1 Like

I replaced fax_dispatch.php and faxq.php; when I click on “Dispatch” no pop-up occurs now, and I’m getting this console error:

Am I missing something simple?

-Venu

@vrjula Oops, made a rookie mistake on var name. So sorry. See if this gives better results: Fix wrong passed variable name by sjpadgett · Pull Request #1609 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

@sjpadgett, getting closer but not quite there. Now when I click on Dispatch, sometimes I get this error:

mogrify returned 1: ; ext is ‘.tif’; filepath is ‘/samba/servershared/fax000000119.tif’

And other times, hitting the same link again, I get the dispatch window to pop up but no preview is shown:

The patient field to copy pages to patient chart is, however, now working!

-Venu

Really has nothing to do with dialog and appears to be halafax services issue. App calls faxstat for received faxes to populate pages and the mogrify error comes from ImageMagick all outside OpenEMR. I see no changes in this module to cause these problems. Also, I don’t have halafax setup or any experience with it so any further help will need to come from someone else, sorry. Recommend ensuring Halafax work from command line etc or check any difference in environment since upgrade.

Thank you for getting me this far. I fixed it. It’s not a Hylafax issue; there’s an error in the code. Line 170 should read

dlgopen(‘fax_dispatch.php?file=’ + ffname, ‘_blank’, 850, 550, ‘’, ‘Fax Dispatch’);

not

dlgopen(‘fax_dispatch.php?scan=’ + ffname, ‘_blank’, 850, 550, ‘’, ‘Fax Dispatch’);

-Venu

1 Like

Sure enough, copy paste gottcha and I looked at that line at least 5 times. Strange why pages wouldn’t display tho but at least we got it fixed for other’s. Thanks for bringing this up and good faxing:)
So the score is Muphy’s Law 3 Jerry 0…
I’ll get a PR up today.

Presumably because file was looking for a file in my recvq folder, while scan was looking for the file in my scan folder which is different (and it can’t find the file, so it can’t generate the preview files to display). But I’m a lot dumber than that in this arena. I just looked at the old code, which had file, and got what might be happening. Rookie eyes.

It’s still not acting perfectly, but I love my Hylafax with OpenEMR. Now if I could just figure out why certain faxed tif files open in Linux but not in Windows…

Thanks again,
Venu

Typically I find most problems between Linux and Windows dealing with files, to be MIME difference. Maybe a quick web search will turn up something. I will leave current PR open 'till you report back or find problem. Hard for me to test this part of code.

Well, I took the plunge and am now using a Linux-based OS almost exclusively (I couldn’t go all the way – I have dual-boot Windows, for Quicken and a couple of hospital connectivity issues). So not being able to open certain tiff files in Windows has become moot for me. You can go ahead and close the PR. There’s no turning back for me now…

-Venu

1 Like

Yep my friend this is closed and in the patch just released.