Choices Care Team Use

Can anybody tell me what the original use was for Care Team in demographics choices? Not sure why it only allows selecting a user where intuitively one would think of a group of users/providers as choices. There must be a reason it is there thus if I make changes to it’s use case, how will that effect backwards compatibility.
While i’m thinking about it, anyone using the User Group feature and does that need attention?
Thanks
J
re: Appears @robertovasquez 2015 and @brady.miller 2017 are authors for User Group. Was this for emergency login or any clues for me would be appreciated.

Yep, user group is broken. Anyone have a clue why user group is there? It’s been broken at least back to pre- 5.0.1. Anyone!

Hi @sjpadgett ,

The Care Team stuff was part of the Care Coordination Module commit:

Rec doing a grep for care_team to see how it’s used.

And I think the User Group feature can be excised from the codebase since not used (it’s a bit complicated since the table name groups is such a common word making it more tough to track down where it is used).

thanks,
-brady

In combination with care team, user groups could be helpful. Just can’t figure out how it was meant to be used. I know where it all resides. I was hoping someone with practical use knowledge could intercede and save me a lot of code tracking. Maybe resurrecting users group is possible as I can think of several uses…

Hi,
To remove some of the noise, I ended up checking out version 2.8.2 (from 2007) and then grepping groups. It looks like really just involved in authentication and not much in the way of grouping providers for patients. Will be very interested to see input from somebody whom was using this stuff, though.
-brady

Thanks for that Brady.