Chart vitals: open flash chart modifcation?

leongruenbaum wrote on Thursday, December 01, 2016:

hello - it’s been a while since i’ve asked a question. let me know if anyone has any thoughts

my client wants to graph patient’s weight over time. i just entered some data in the vitals form, which worked well.

Two questions:

1. i made some errors in the data entry - is there a way to edit this data? want to change the date, e.g. Can’t seem to figure that out

2. when i click on the hyperlink i get a chart, which is great. only thing is, it would be great if i could change the range of the weight. right now it starts at 0, so for a person who weighs in the neighborhood of 180, say, you don’t really see the variation over time.

Thanks

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, December 04, 2016:

Hi Leon,

On the vitals form, as long as you don’t Esign it, you should be able to modify it(including date) by clicking edit on the form in the encounter.(if you have Esigned it, then all you can do is place an addendum to it to correct it).

The script that produces the chart is here:
library/openflashchart/graphs.php
(line 356 is where it looks like it sets the y-axis range, so that would be likely the place to improve this feature; if you do this, please contribute it back to the project, because it would be useful)

thanks,
-brady
OpenEMR

leongruenbaum wrote on Sunday, December 04, 2016:

thanks

regarding changing data - see attached. i have edited the encounter and then opened vitals. i don’t see how i can edit anything. the data on the right is read-only. i mean i can add a new one, but i want to delete the old in that case. don’t see where to do that. and i haven’t e-signed anything, btw

will look at flash thing and if i figure anything useful out will donate back to the cause, of course! thanks again

cmswest wrote on Monday, December 05, 2016:

edit it inside the encounter

leongruenbaum wrote on Tuesday, December 13, 2016:

thanks

by ‘edit it inside the encounter’ u seem to mean something other than what i described above(?)

just for the sake of total completeness, here is what i did:

1. i searched for the patient name at bottom of left panel.
  2. then clicked on that name
  3. i see the list of encounters in bottom section. i click on one of them, then click on clinical/vitals

if that’s correct, that is what i did before and it’s all only read only. (that’s what the image is of). i can add a new weight but not modify or delete any. i see at bottom save/don’t save but nothing like ‘edit’ (which i see on encounter summary tab, but that doesn’t seem to apply)

thanks - let me know what i am missing here

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, December 13, 2016:

hi Leon, i apologize for the brief message, i meant choose the specific encounter from the drop down up in the title bar and then edit the vitals from the encounter screen that appears, if you don’t see the vitals form then it might be a permissions issue that is preventing access