Changes needed for OpenEMR API.php for MedEx to work with 7.0.0(1) (formerly is Medex still being supported? -- YES!)

Is Medex still being supported? My reminders stopped going out when I switched to a different server. I messaged support@medexbank.com and haven’t heard back in a couple of weeks. If not, is there another patient appointment reminder service out there for OpenEMR?
I’m working with @growlingflea to try to repair the issue, but it would be nice to have some support from MedEx. It looks like the MedEx service line in the Background Services tables needs to be manually manipulated to get this working again… (possibly other issues as well).
It looks like in my case the issue may be that the background MedEx process is not running because the next time it is supposed to run in 2021 :disappointed:.
–RBL

I noticed the same thing.
Also: Background services seems to reveal the system running, but the next run will be in June 2022?
Strange Behavior.
Can’t get Office Ally eligibility working anymore either… This is not good.

I just got a message from @ophthal. Turns out that he had been replying to me, but for some reason, I was not receiving the message or seeing it. I have a fix to try now, @growlingflea:

"At a minimum, you will need to change the code in API.php. That error shows an “and” after the where clause…
"It needs to change…

Around line 371 in API.php:
if ($info[‘ME_hipaa_default_override’] != ‘1’) {
$hipaa_override = " and hipaa_notice=‘YES’ AND “;
}

Change to:
if ($info[‘ME_hipaa_default_override’] != ‘1’) {
$hipaa_override = " hipaa_notice=‘YES’ AND “;
}

Because you use some Spanish and English, just comment out that line altogether until I can find the PR that went “stale” without review.

// $hipaa_override = " and hipaa_notice=‘YES’ AND “;

Looks like whatever version of openemr you are on, it does not include the latest files:

Not sure if this is part of a patch, or maybe the docker version is not up to date.

RBL

(I sent the above to @growlingflea to implement into my installation … will see if that does the trick!)