CCR XML file import

The 5.0 version of has menu items that appear to be intended to import CCR XML files. Has anyone been able to actually to that. This is going to be important for conversions from Practice Fusion (which are getting numerous). The CCR files a large. At this point OpenEMR is saying “Succcesful Import” see Pending Approvals, but nothing shows up there and there are not errors in the log files.

Thoughts?

Tony, Are they CCR or CCDA documents? Try the Carecoordination module import for CCDA not CCD. Just imported some many hundred PF patient CCD’s. Be warned though, not a preferred way to move patients but workable.

Thanks Jerry,

They are only viewable using the CCR subfolder in Documents. I have installed and Enabled Care Coordination Module, but it’s far from obvious where you go to use it.

I was attempting to follow the Patients->Import->Upload instructions for New Patient import from CCR. Somewhere else I should go?

OK, I got it running so Care Coordination shows up in a menu, and it let me choose a CCDA to import, and again, said it succeeded, but no new patient was created …

Can you give me a screen shot so I know where your at?

That is the upload… which shows 100% … but no patient was added.

Along with this FATAL error in the log file…

[Tue May 08 17:42:26.951800 2018] [:error] [pid 9545] [client ::1:46302] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/casadesalud-50/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Documents/src/Documents/Controller/DocumentsController.php:56\nStack trace:
#0 /var/www/casadesalud-50/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Carecoordination/src/Carecoordination/Controller/CarecoordinationController.php(77): Documents\\Controller\\DocumentsController::uploadAction()
#1 /var/www/casadesalud-50/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(82): Carecoordination\\Controller\\CarecoordinationController->uploadAction()
#2 [internal function]: Zend\\Mvc\\Controller\\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\\Mvc\\MvcEvent))
#3 /var/www/casadesalud-50/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(444): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\\Mvc\\MvcEvent))
#4 /var/www/casadesalud-50/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(205): Zend\\EventManager\\EventManager->triggerListeners in /var/www/casadesalud-50/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Documents/src/Documents/Controller/DocumentsController.php on line 56, referer: http://localhost/casadesalud-50/interface/modules/zend_modules/public/carecoordination/upload?id=1

Are you running PHP 7+?

Yes …

PHP 7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright © 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.28-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, Copyright © 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

Hmm, pretty sure you will need to downgrade PHP or upgrade CCM to the 5.0.1 branch. Should be able to pull the interface/modules and overwrite in 5.0.0. You shouldn’t need the Zend framework upgrade until PHP 7.2. I have not tried backward to v5.0.0 since CCM rework for PHP 7 but, nothing comes to mind that would prevent it working. You know the drill about backing up e.t.c.
If this works, I will give a couple hints about some problems you may run into after import. Definitely want to use CCM to do this rather that the older ccr import.

Thanks, I’ll try that. a 5.01 update was planned anyway for this customer and this current stuff is just a test and training database

Okay. Good to hear from ya and hope all is well.

OK. I updated, but it’s pretty useless, it imported ONLY the minimal patient demographics (into the audit table), non of the extensive medical data and it still does not show up anywhere that I can use that to create a new patient record.

For PF the encounters need to be signed by provider to get them included in CCD and even then notes are not.
Here is what I know can be populated if available in the CCD.
Basic Demographic/Contact, Allergies, Problems/issues, Prescriptions, Immunizations, Functional Status(with encounter), Vitals(with its encounter), External providers as users(mainly from prescriptions) and maybe something I missed.
If PF CCDA then ensure encounters are signed and create a Clinical Summary/Transfer of Care CCD. Not a referral etc.
If the initial upload succeeds then you should see patient name and three buttons. The last line item button is for adding/creating patient to chart.

Remember that this is only current snapshot of patient. Not all their history.

We ended up creating our own Practice Fusion CCD batch import tool. It will import 23,000 XML files in 30 minutes…

Thanks for the help on the ZHH module, never did get it to work at all, however.

Glad you got it worked out. I’m thinking CCM was more intended for doing referrals and transfer of care than large batch patient moves. In reality i’m surprised that P.F has not found themselves in court over holding patient data hostage by putting time frames on when a user can get complete exports. This should be allowed at anytime a user wishes to do offsite backup’s.
As I said from the beginning and for future folks that wish to travel this road, there are better options. Thanks for the update.

I am a previous Practice fusion user , I have a full export with all my patient data but I have not been able too upload to open EMR . Can you help with how I can import patients notes.

Thanks

Richard