CareCoordination Module Errors, Unable to import CCDA

Hello All,

Recently installed OEMR 5 (patch 3) on Ubuntu 16.04, Apache2, PHP 7, Mysql. All seems fine and well other than maybe some permissions issues and most importantly the CareCoordination Module which is hugely important in my needs for implementation with 3 large clients.

For client 1, I’ve simply been trying to import a single CCDA, I’ve been following the instructions provided here: open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Use_the_Carecoordination_module#Import_external_CCDA_file

Although I am able to upload the CCDA file through the document manager under the correct category, when I go to the CareCoordination link (under Modules), the document shows without patient name/dob. Also, when I click on the arrow for the document to expand it, the ajax loader shows but spins indefinitely.

Taking a look at my error logs, I’m getting some detail on what the issue stems from, but without more in depth knowledge of Z&H CareCoordination module, and how it ties in to OER I fear it will be days/weeks before I get the most important piece of the install in place.

Here’s a copy of the error I’m getting:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/emr/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Application/src/Application/Plugin/CommonPlugin.php:190\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/emr/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Carecoordination/src/Carecoordination/Controller/CarecoordinationController.php(389): Application\Plugin\CommonPlugin::escape(‘allergies’)\n#1 /var/www/emr/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(82): Carecoordination\Controller\CarecoordinationController->getCCDAComponentsAction()\n#2 [internal function]: Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))\n#3 /var/www/emr/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(444): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))\n#4 /var/www/emr/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(205): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(‘dispatch’, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closur in /var/www/emr/interface/modules/zend_modules/module/Application/src/Application/Plugin/CommonPlugin.php on line 190, referer: mydomain_com/interface/modules/zend_modules/public/carecoordination/upload?id=1

Any help greatly appreciated. No unique conditions other than having changed the base directory to “emr” - I adjusted the host information accordingly so it seems all routing is working. Also ran composer update… Anything else I’m missing or doing incorrectly? Also, i changed the url in the domain above to keep private, rest assured domain as shown in referer is not “mydomain_com”

Also, I note in the wiki, it’s showing 4.2 in the instructions, is OEMR 5 compatible with CareCoordination Module even?

Thanks again!

Hi @carlosjm0325 ,
Can you provide more details how you “upload the CCDA file through the document manager under the correct category”. Are you uploading it in the Care Coordination module or uploading it in patient-summary->documents gui or uploading it in miscellaneous->new documents.
-brady

Looks suspicious to me.

Thanks for the reply @brady.miller , I actually am on chat as well hoping to get a response through there… lol :slight_smile:
Regarding import, I’ve tried multiple ways…

1. through document manager (as ccda), works, uploads, no problem. I then can view in carecoordinator module but for seems to not be able to interpret through there… recent discoveries today however led me to believe it may be javascript errors as I noticed there were a bunch so I’ve been working my way through them.

2. By uploading directly through carecoordinator module but only gives me the tooltip with the name of the file, then never propagates to the list of imported docs

Today, I also went back to an OpenEMR 5 demo that I had installed on a different server running PHP 5 and all works however… Figuring it’s a PHP 7 issue? I’ve been trekking through the code to try and understand it a bit, but am worrying about how long it will take me to dig into the error vs just using the install on the server hosting PHP 5. Ideally though, would love to be able to run it on my intended system running PHP 7 though… Not stressing too much about this, but would love to help contribute to getting things moving on the PHP 7 migration. I have a small team of devs that is counting on OEMRs reliability in our coming projects (3 hospitals with over 500 beds… using in ER), plus a series of providers that are within the network wanting to use a collaboration tool we’re building out.

For sake of detail, and just fyi, our goal is to integrate OpenEMR with our custom “tele” overlay and allow routing of data from our various facilities through Mirth. I have all set, other than import/export of CCDA files that we are provided from the Mirth tunnel we setup for each client.

Process is as follows:

1. Client creates account/practice profile
  2. Uploads patient population (as CCDA zip file) through our system
  3. System routes through Mirth to translate and then ideally into our Network EHR (OpenEMR).
  4. Cron runs task of importing to directory hosting CCDAs
  5. OpenEMR reads through directory and imports new patients for approval

Problem comes in on step 5 which I’m sure I could get by if I could figure out what I’m doing wrong with carecoordination. If need be, I’ll stick around with PHP 5 until we get things fixed up on the 7 side, but figured I’d ask those with more knowledge than I first :slight_smile:

Thanks

why so? I just left the domain out because it’s still in production… It’s a .dev domain… local to my VPN

Ah! never mine. I will however test on my PHP7 to see what I see.

Awesome, thank you guys so much for your help! Incredibly impressed with Open EMR and will help in any way I can. I’m trying to post up my phpinfo as pdf but it’s saying new users cant… figured it may help.

@brady.miller, after reading through my response (sorry for babling so much btw), I realized one pertinent fact I forgot to include, this will be for both new and existing patients. Currently, I’ve only tried with new patients… in other words, upload file->new patient record->approve patient. All initiated from the upload of CCDA.

And if I do need to stick with PHP 5 for now, is there documentation on the module that is specific to the mapping feature? Haven’t really seen much :frowning:

Thanks again !

@carlosjm0325 @brady.miller I took a look at CCM on PHP 7.1 and we do have several issues mainly dealing with classes. I believe the CCM was gone through to bring up to PHP 7.0.x but I’m not 100%. Certainly, due to several previous warnings being upgraded to errors in PHP 7.1.x, looks like we will need to make another run through this module.
If you really would like to use PHP7 you might try any version prior to PHP 7.1.x otherwise you should be safe with PHP 5.

@sjpadgett - Man, I LOVE this community! You guys are incredible! thanks for reassuring me on the fact that I’m not going crazy :slight_smile: I’ll be playing around with it and see if I can crank out some of the errors, but honestly, this is the first community i would be “contributing” to in 15 years of dev experience, so I may be slow in figuring out your procedure. I would love to become more involved and will post my updates/changes as I find. Just posted in chat also, have an idea that would be a cool move forward toward integration with some of the major EHRs…

here’s my post:

brady.miller and matthew.vita , noting that the both of you are the most active in response with regard to CCD, CCDA and CCR, is there any more detailed documentation on the mapper feature for carecoordination? I really would like to see if there’s any way I can take advantage of it and possible build a native module. I’ve successfully tied in a proprietary system I built to McKesson, Cerners, Practice Fusion, MedHost and Prime Clinical. Is there any way we could start an initiative in order to get these “common” EHRs as “templates” that can be used to run direct import? I feel this would create much more incentive for others to migrate onto… Also, regarding my PHP7/5 issue on OEMR 5, I’ve been making a lot of progress on the PHP 5 install, slowly but surely will help in knocking out PHP 7 issues.
…possibly I can throw together a few templates that can be plugged in to OEMR in order to be able to dynamically translate the ccda(s) imported. If done like this, then we could allow bulk import of patients… Have done this outside of OEMR and glad to share code if you’re interested

Hi @carlosjm0325 ,

One of the project’s goals is to make it as easy as possible for folks to contribute(so never hesitate to ask questions regarding this). First step is to create a openemr github repository from this tutorial (rec not using the video and following the text): http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Git_for_dummies

Looking forward to getting your work into the codebase!

-brady