Can't locate sql_patch.php or sql_config.php

Hello,

I’m currently working through setting up OpenEMR v.7.0.1 for a client of mine. I have successfully uploaded all of the patient data using a MySQL import which is great, but all of the patients are currently missing the uuid column.

Through reading some of the previous posts, I understand this can be rectified by running sql_config.php or sql_patch.php but I can’t seem to locate these two files. I have tried looking in the directories mentioned in previous posts but these files don’t seem to exist there.

I’m running OpenEMR Express Plus on an EC2 instance. Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

hi zeeshan,
i update my data base by running the updates from my browser. For me the url is “localhost:8300/sql_upgrade.php” - as i run locally under docker (where the url to my openemr instance is "localhost:8300/interface/login… )

hope this helps, ruth

2 Likes

there’s also a uuid mechanism that runs as a background service which should add them

1 Like

In a production environment, those 2 files should not exist. You would need download them from Github and place them in the correct directory. This is done to promote a more secure environment. Once you place the files in the correct location, you can access them, run the upgrades, and then remove the scripts.

See this wiki article to learn more about OpenEMR security

1 Like

Thank you, Ruth. My instance is running in the cloud and I have tried accessing the file using the URL but it doesn’t seem to work. I believe the file is missing as per Robert’s note below.

Thank you, Robert. Would you happen to know where the file is located on GitHub. There is a lot of content on there and it would help a lot if you could point me in the right direction.

Found it! Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Thank you, Stephen. You are correct, I actually just logged in through phpmyadmin and saw that uuids are now present.