Can't get login interface for new OpenEMR 7.0 installation

Please, I need help with OpenEMR 7 installation on Ubuntu 20.04. I successfully started the application installation up to the final step of selecting a theme. On clicking start to use the OpenEMR to get the login interface (http://localhost/emrms/interface/login/login.php?site=default) the page shows blank (without the field for entering login information).
On checking the server error log, I observed the following message:

[Sat Apr 17 12:18:23.332007 2023] [php7:warn] [pid 7854] [client ::1:41762] PHP Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /var/www/html/openemr/interface/globals.php on line 242
[Sat Apr 15 12:18:23.332246 2023] [php7:error] [pid 7854] [client ::1:41762] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught RuntimeException: Directory “/var/www/html/openemr/sites/default/documents/smarty/gacl” was not created in /var/www/html/openemr/interface/globals.php:243\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/openemr/interface/login/login.php(34): require_once()\n#1 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/openemr/interface/globals.php on line 243

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

hi @Flux, you have to open up that directory for writing

you can run the below from the openemr web directory

chmod +w sites/default/documents/smarty

Thank you for the help. I executed the instruction (chmod +w sites/default/documents/smarty) but the problem persist.

hi @Flux , likely there are other directories that need to be writable, would probably be easier to reinstall and note any messages on the setup of directories needed to be opened for writing.