Can't attach patient photo in openemr 5.0.1

Hello All,
I have noticed that no other user can attach patient pics in openemr 5.0.1 except a user with the super user privilege.
Although, any user can attach the pix through the document module but it will not display and yet the pics is attached in the document module.
Please if you want the front desk to register a new patient how will the pics be attached then.

I have the same issue, so if someone gets back to you let me know.

Thanks,

Amory

hi @Amory_Neal and @aterad ,

This sounds like an ACL issue. Each folder is protected by an ACO

So, can change that ACO and then ensure the users that should have access to the picture have it within their permissions at Administration->ACL.

On a related note, would it make sense to create another ACO specifically for this Patient Photograph folder and place it in all the ACL groups by default?

-brady

Brady,

From I remember in a email conversation we had mine was more related to the patient ID was different and that is why the pictures were not showing?

Amory

hi @Amory_Neal,

Yep, that is a separate issue from @aterad’s permission issue above. Your issue will be addressed in the next patch for 5.0.1. Can also fix it in your codebase if follow the change in this commit:

-brady

btw, I could be wrong in that @aterad’s issue may be the same as yours. But it appears that the picture shows up with the super user and not other users (which means it’s likely a permission issue).

Brady,

I’m not sure how to get into the codebase to fix it, so I think I should wait for the next patch

Thanks,

Hello @brady and @amory,
I don’t think it’s about permission issues, I think it’s a bug and it has been fixed with 5.0.1 patches 3

1 Like

Dear Brady and all,
Is there any custom options to be able to take a picture with the ipad or phone within Open emr?
I find also difficult to find the pictures after havinr taken it. Is there possibility to have thumbnail or grid view of the pictures? And liast question: could the pictures be drown on top?
To show surgical incisions etc.
Best.