Cannot Log in to open EMR - Lost Admin Access - unclear on how to access MySQL in AWS

Situation
I am for some strange reason unable to log into my clinic admin account for Open EMR. It had worked fine a few weeks ago now it is telling me invalid username or password. I am able to log in under a chart review profile (which is limited) Which leads me to think i have a password issue. I attempted to log into mySQL with mySQL workbench but that did no good and when I go to test I get no connection. I may be unclear how to access the database to reset the Admin password. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can access MySQL database on the AWS platform to reset the password.

The learning curve is steep still but i am making progress. :slight_smile:

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR standard

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome/Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: Mac Os

Logs
Did you check the logs? No sure how
Was there anything pertinent in them? unsure
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

Hi, Cheryl.

If you’re using OpenEMR Standard you won’t be able to connect to the database remotely – it’s hiding the RDS instance inside the VPC where you can’t see it from the world. You’ll want to connect to the EC2 instance with ssh and then connect to the database via command-line tools.

(Establishing an SSH tunnel and bouncing a MySQL Workbench through it would also work but it takes some setup and facility with your shell client.)

2 Likes

Were you able to update the password?