Cannot find version 5.7.41 for mysql - OpenEMR Cloud Standard Edition - CloudFormation Issue

OpenEMR Version
I’m (attempting) using OpenEMR version 7.0.2 (latest version at time of writing)

Situation
I am attempting to deploy OpenEMR Cloud Standard Edition in my AWS account from the marketplace listing: Amazon Web Services Sign-In

When I launch the stack creation, I recieve the following error:

Resource handler returned message: "Cannot find version 5.7.41 for mysql (Service: Rds, Status Code: 400, Request ID: 3f1c0225-a3df-4831-b3b2-ede4d44bbecc)" (RequestToken: ab87cd60-3426-a576-1306-1a39b420c1a0, HandlerErrorCode: InvalidRequest)

It seems that mySQL version 5.7 is only available through RDS Extended Edition since its official AWS RDS support has ended: MySQL on Amazon RDS versions - Amazon Relational Database Service

Has OpenEMR been proven to work with MySQL 8.0? If so then I would assume this is an easy fix.

Honestly, I would prefer to use MariaDB (assuming PostgreSQL is not yet supported), if someone has a CloudFormation Template using MariaDB that would be ideal for my purposes

Or maybe I am missing something obvious?

Huge Thank You!

2 Likes

I ran into the same problem today. Looking at the cloudformation template, upgrading to MySQL 8.0 may require rebuilding AMIs. Can an expert please chime in?

OpenEMR wiki recommends MariaDB over MySQL.

1 Like

hi @Goddard and @cpnsider , thanks for reporting here. Started a new issue. For the mariadb feature request, feel free to start another issue on devops :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t fix that this minute but as soon as I’m not knocked over I’ll try to get a revised CF template into Amazon.

In the meantime I bet you could just edit the template you got from AWS Marketplace and launch that, which isn’t an ideal answer but it’d get you moving.

Sorry for the trouble!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you are an absolute life-saver! :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration:

1 Like