Can Patient Portal V2 be moved from under the openemr folder to another location

We love the Version 2 of the patient portal. We would like to know if it can be moved out of the openemr directory as our OpenEMR installation is hosted online.

Currently in /var/www/openemr/portal
Would like to change to something like: /var/www/portal. I tried it and it did not work.

This is to keep the OpenEMR location known only to those who need to know.

Thanks.

@brady.miller and @sjpadgett thoughts on this? I’m not very well versed on the Portal v2

Short answer is no. Long answer is, hmmmm, interesting. I get the concept and it is a good one. Moving the app is probably not the way but dealing with the domain instead. Try hitting the app from a different domain or ip if you have access to your server config to set up an alias or something.

I think the domain (or subdomain) will work. Thanks for that idea.

I have also tried another method by creating a symbolic link called, say, portal in /var/www that points to /var/www/openemr/portal allowing me to call http://www.mydomain.com/portal. That seems to have worked so far.

I will use the more secure of the two methods.

Outstanding Jude. Keep us up to date if issue arises. If one will when dealing with url’s, it will most likely show in profile review.