Can I roll back from 5 to 4?

Can I simply replace the OEMR directory with a prior version as not to loose a day of data entry? The 4x install was too highly modified and undocumented to simply be upgraded. Unfortunately the issues popped up hours after what seemed to be a successful upgrade.

hi @APerez, no, the database can not be reverted so easily as the codebase.

easiest path might be to bring in customizations one at a time by comparing a backup of the modified scripts with diffs against openemr v4.x and then making them work on openemr5

Thanks but…
Actually it did work.
I rolled back the OpenEMR directory
Ran SQL_upgrade.php
Selected the same 4x version.
Done…Client is happy.

I’ll do the diffing time allowing and client paying. Currently not worth the effort. I’ve had to rescue too many badly implemented installs and its getting old.

interesting @APerez

you upgraded to 5.0, client used 5.0 for ~day and then reverted back to 4.x by running the sql_upgrade.php script?

Yup… client insisted. Any way all is running just fine.

I implemented version 4 in 2011 and I think it was easier then especially with pharmacy billing. Prices were added at time of adding drug to the system rather than at dispense time. Although I am just returning back to developing and imementing OpenEMR after over six years of massive implementation of OpenMRS for HIV/AIDS treatment.

Maybe I should run both versions and compare features as a welcome back approach.