Bylaws Committee

robertdown wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

Bylaws Committee Thread

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

And here’s a link to the current ones: http://www.oemr.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/OEMR_2010-10-28_Bylaws.pdf

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

thanks guys, are we looking to update these addresses ?

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

Good, yes
I’ll get Greg (or legal beagle) to do that.

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, January 12, 2016:

ok, the registered office has to be in nc but not necessarily near tobacco road

robertdown wrote on Saturday, January 23, 2016:

FYI, I’ve OCR’d the PDF so it’s now a Word file. The formatting didn’t come through perfectly, so I’m formatting it to look correct. Will post here when done. Also, do we have a policies and regulations document governing the less abstract actions of the board?

tmccormi wrote on Tuesday, January 26, 2016:

No, we do not.

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, February 23, 2016:

Roberto Gagliotta has joined our committee and he has brought up the subject of membership

http://www.oemr.org/membership_in_oemr/membership/, which probably needs updating

and articles III and IV of the above hyperlinked bylaws are of interest

tmccormi wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

The online list is seriouly out of date and needs to be flushed. No reason to publish the membership in that way anyway.

I think what is needed may be to separate “members” from “sponsors”. A person can be both or either, I think.

–Tony

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

Hi,

I’m a bit confused regarding the Members listed on the oemr web page. Are these Members also considered Members via the OEMR bylaws hyperlinked above; were they voted in etc.??? At this point all those memberships on the oemr website are out of date, so I agree we should just remove them and start from a clean slate. Would be helpful to ensure we use the same definition of Members on the website as stated in the bylaws. (as an aside and off topic, after looking through the oemr website, it looks like about 80% of the content should simply be deleted since either out of date or not relevant).

-brady
OpenEMR

blankev wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

80% NOT RELEVANT…in the OpenEMR website? Where can we begin to do suggestions for deleting information? Everything older than Version V 3.1, or just little by little removal of seemingly no active parts of explanation.

YES, I am a lurker and not very active, but very much interested in making OpenEMR available with correct explanation of whatever is available in OpenEMR.

Please make a suggestion.
Pimm

cmswest wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

cmswest wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

Oemr.org is out of date vs open-emr.org up to snuff

Yes it is. We OEMR became just Tony doing the bare minimum the site stopped being maintained. I only needs to have information that is relevant to the OEMR organization and links back to the open-emr.org of project stuff.

That’s another topic, however as this thread is about the ByLaws.

Yes they were voted on in the dim distant past. And yes they should be removed from the site. Not reason to publish that information.

Any volunteers to be the OEMR webmaster out there … technically I think the Secretary should be in charge of the content, but he doesn’t have to be the only editor.

blankev wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

Is it worthwhile to open an other thread, for content corrections and to get rid of the 80% Brady mentioned.

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, February 24, 2016:

Two suggestions:

1. Fundraising, History & Legal from the About tab should remain intact, while the balance should be archived, not deleted. One never knows when the old webpages are needed in future.
  2. Anyone, who has an account in the Wiki, can edit. No evidence of “merciless editing”, (or whatever is the phrasing at the bottom of each new Wiki article), or of editing gone berserk in the Wiki. All OEMR members should be accorded the same privilege. More writers/editors, greater chance of being au courant.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, February 25, 2016:

Hi,

So I don’t fully hijack this thread, I created a new thread for the OEMR.org website updating discussion:
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/oemr_501c3/thread/49b6f710/

-brady
OpenEMR

robertovasquez wrote on Tuesday, March 01, 2016:

The members make oemr. My guess is that we have few members on oemr. How we can motivate the community to become members?

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, March 01, 2016:

bylaws section 6c states that oemr should annually submit books and records to a cpa or other accountant