Blank tabs on clean install

Hello, I’m trying to set up openEMR for our small clinic. I’m currently testing on a Ubuntu 16.04 server running PHP7. I completed the installation of the .deb package without any apparent issues. But after loging in to the site, I get page with only blank tabs. Clicking on other tabs only results on more empty frames:

After that I decided to make clean manual install using the .tar package to check for any errors on the setup process. Everything went fine. But I got the same result. Blank tabs.

I decided to check for errors on my web explorer and noticed I kept getting an iframe error:

Simple enough, head over to security.conf in the apache2 folder and check for the X-Frame-Options. Changing the options to DENY, SAMEORIGIN, ALLOW-FROM-IPADDRESS all yelled different results. But I kept getting blank frames.
Apparently, there’s a duplicate X-Frame-Options somewhere but I can’t find it.

Anyone else dealt with this before?

Hi @AGuzman,
Have you tried by commenting the X-frame option in security.conf file? Once commented restart the apache and check again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
ViSolve

I’ve figure it out. I was only looking at the ‘X-Frame-Options’ in Apache’s security.conf
Running

sudo grep -rnw '/etc/apache2/' -e 'X-Frame'

yelled another result in the ssl-params.conf file, which was set to DENY. Commenting that out fixed the issue. Frames are now displaying correctly.

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

1 Like