Blank screen on first start of OpenEMR 5.0.2

Yes, I have lots of documents to bring over!

1 Like

need to extract the documents from your backup in your Downloads directory and copy them into your openemr docker

from the terminal prompt

1. cd ~/Downloads
  2. tar xvzf openemr.tar.gz sites/default/documents

Do you see them extracted?

Yes, they are present and correct.

nice

docker cp sites/default/documents/ $(docker ps | grep _openemr | cut -f 1 -d " "):/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/

Thank you again, I can now see my documents when I log in at local host.

3 Likes

I am very glad things are working good for you Robert.

Thank you Mohammad (and for your suggestions).

How do I apply Patch 3 to this installation? Thanks.

@stephenwaite How do I apply Patch 3 to this installation? Thanks.

I have found that a backup made with this installation does not work on a regular installation (same version: 5.0.2). In my browser localhost produces the Ubuntu default Apache 2 page, and localhost/openemr produces a blank page. I should say that this is on a previously working installation of Openemr.

Log:

[Mon May 25 12:11:49.596681 2020] [php7:error] [pid 1026] [client 127.0.0.1:46446] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'sites/default/sqlconf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/openemr/index.php on line 21

the way to patch it easily is to take the approach that @jesdynf developed for the aws openemr packages, check this out and then will provide the step by step instructions

Thank you. I get the general idea but I am already scratching my head in bafflement at step one:

Step One - Backup your system

(Are you using OpenEMR Standard? Don’t forget to make an RDS snapshot as well as running the Duplicity backup.)

#!/bin/sh

# make a restore-point
/etc/cron.daily/duplicity-backups

OK, I know how to get into a root console, but then what? !/bin/sh produces “event not found”.
I understand that I need a package called “duplicity”, and once I have that I type “make a restore-point /etc/cron.daily/duplicity-backups” in the terminal. Correct?

P.S. I’d be very grateful if you or someone could also advise on the other problem I posted just after posting about patching (nÂș69, May 25).

hi @rdh61, see how the link starts at step 2? step 1 is for aws systems
you can download this script and put it in your openemr docker folder
patch3.sh (1.3 KB)
then run

chmod +x patch3.sh
./patch3.sh

then go to http://localhost/openemr/sql_patch.php

Good. Thank you. http://localhost/sql_patch.php works. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wonder, can anybody help me with this, please?

Have there been any updates? Sometimes updated make some files blank.
Look at that file that sqlconf.php is looking for. Maybe it is missing?

Thank you for your response.

• Updates
? Both Openemr are version 5.0.2 with the latest patch applied.

• sites/default/sqlconf.php exists

• Line 21 in /var/www/openemr/index.php is: require_once “sites/$site_id/sqlconf.php”;

Have you looked at your logs?
Do you know how to turn on display error messages?

I am sorry, you did post your error log. Which version of PHP are you using? Please note that openemr 5.0.2 does not support version 7.4

• I have already provided the entry from the Apache 2 error log. What other logs should I look at?

• No, I do not know how to turn on display error messages.

• PHP 7.2.

so you might want to look at your mysql/mariadb errorlog.
If you had a working install and a patch broke it, I would look at the changed files. there lies the problem. I use this excellent tool, beyond compare, from:

https://www.scootersoftware.com/

You can use it for free for many days, and after that it is not very expensive. Or you can try reinstalling it.

Anyway. If it was a patch which broke your install, I would roll back (remove your install and reinstall the back up)

Let me look at the whole thread.

So let me understand. You had an installation and made a backup, then you made another openemr instance and want to bring your date to the new install? I am actually doing the same thing.
So, as far as I know, the data is in two places, (at least it used to be,) the sites folder, and the database.
If you have root access. I would not use the scripts. I would just copy and paste. If you give me the database name and version I will get you the command to enter such that you can upload your data. As long as you have a running installation of openemr (which you don’t)

Now, what broke your installation, the patch?