Blank screen on first start of OpenEMR 5.0.2

OK, I got through the 11 steps, but what I see in my browser is:

“FATAL ERROR: crypt() function is not working correctly in OpenEMR”

But I have a doubt. When you wrote: “run the upgrade script even though not “upgrading” :); go to localhost/sql_upgrade in your browser” (I found out you meant “localhost/sql_upgrade.php” :slightly_smiling_face:), did you actually mean “run the script” (which I did, as though upgrading from 5.0.1), or did you just mean “go to localhost/sql_upgrade.php in your browser”?

nice catch, i edited, yes, had you run it just in case, it’s good practice

have seen that error before and we’ll have to reset your admin password
so back to the mariadb docker

1. docker exec -it 16d0ec71eb7a /bin/bash
  2. mysql -uroot -proot openemr
  3. UPDATE users_secure SET password = '$2a$05$MKtnxYsfFPlb2mOW7Qzq2Oz61S26s5E80Yd60lKdX4Wy3PBdEufNu', salt = '$2a$05$MKtnxYsfFPlb2mOW7Qzq2b$' WHERE username = 'admin';
  4. login with admin and pass at localhost

Thank you very much, all good now. If I should find anything not working as I expect, should I post on this thread or start a new one?

it’s fine here

did you have any documents to bring over from your previous install?

Yes, I have lots of documents to bring over!

1 Like

need to extract the documents from your backup in your Downloads directory and copy them into your openemr docker

from the terminal prompt

1. cd ~/Downloads
  2. tar xvzf openemr.tar.gz sites/default/documents

Do you see them extracted?

Yes, they are present and correct.

nice

docker cp sites/default/documents/ $(docker ps | grep _openemr | cut -f 1 -d " "):/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/

Thank you again, I can now see my documents when I log in at local host.

3 Likes

I am very glad things are working good for you Robert.

Thank you Mohammad (and for your suggestions).

How do I apply Patch 3 to this installation? Thanks.

@stephenwaite How do I apply Patch 3 to this installation? Thanks.

I have found that a backup made with this installation does not work on a regular installation (same version: 5.0.2). In my browser localhost produces the Ubuntu default Apache 2 page, and localhost/openemr produces a blank page. I should say that this is on a previously working installation of Openemr.

Log:

[Mon May 25 12:11:49.596681 2020] [php7:error] [pid 1026] [client 127.0.0.1:46446] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'sites/default/sqlconf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/openemr/index.php on line 21

the way to patch it easily is to take the approach that @jesdynf developed for the aws openemr packages, check this out and then will provide the step by step instructions

Thank you. I get the general idea but I am already scratching my head in bafflement at step one:

Step One - Backup your system

(Are you using OpenEMR Standard? Don’t forget to make an RDS snapshot as well as running the Duplicity backup.)

#!/bin/sh

# make a restore-point
/etc/cron.daily/duplicity-backups

OK, I know how to get into a root console, but then what? !/bin/sh produces “event not found”.
I understand that I need a package called “duplicity”, and once I have that I type “make a restore-point /etc/cron.daily/duplicity-backups” in the terminal. Correct?

P.S. I’d be very grateful if you or someone could also advise on the other problem I posted just after posting about patching (nº69, May 25).

hi @rdh61, see how the link starts at step 2? step 1 is for aws systems
you can download this script and put it in your openemr docker folder
patch3.sh (1.3 KB)
then run

chmod +x patch3.sh
./patch3.sh

then go to http://localhost/openemr/sql_patch.php

Good. Thank you. http://localhost/sql_patch.php works. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I wonder, can anybody help me with this, please?

Have there been any updates? Sometimes updated make some files blank.
Look at that file that sqlconf.php is looking for. Maybe it is missing?