Do you use or administer OpenEMR? Take the General Satisfaction Survey to help improve the product

BillingReport.php date range indexing error ...?

Hello All,

It seems that there is an “indexing” error in BillingReport.php lines 74, 77 and 80 …

class BillingReport
{
    public static function generateTheQueryPart()
    {
        if (isset($_REQUEST['final_this_page_criteria'])) {
            foreach ($_REQUEST['final_this_page_criteria'] as $criteria_key => $criteria_value) {
                } elseif (strpos($criteria_value, "form_encounter.date|between|") !== false) {
                    $elements = explode('|', $criteria_value);
[ line 74 ]         $query_part .= ' AND ' . "(form_encounter.date between '" . add_escape_custom($elements[1]) . "' and '" . add_escape_custom($elements[2]) . "')";
                }
            }
        }
    }

the problem is that when the criteria_value contains a “date range” as in the example below,

"form_encounter.date|between|2021-02-01 00:00:00|2021-02-21 23:59:59"

[ line 73 ]         $elements = explode('|', $criteria_value);

populates the “elements” array with 4 parts

$elements: array(4)
0: "form_encounter.date"
1: "between"
2: "2021-02-01 00:00:00"
3: "2021-02-21 23:59:59"

and line 74

$query_part .= ' AND ' . "(form_encounter.date between '"
                       . add_escape_custom($elements[1]) . "' and '"
                       . add_escape_custom($elements[2]) . "')";

creates the “query_part” below …

" AND (form_encounter.date between 'between' and '2021-02-01 00:00:00')"

It would seem that we should be using $elements[2] and $elements[3] rather than [1] and [2] …

I have made the above index change on lines 74, 77, and 80 of BillingReport.php and seem to have fixed a “broken” date range problem that has been plaguing our small practice’s OpenEMR installation ever since I upgraded to 6.0.0 from 5.0.0 a few weeks ago.

My attempt to upgrade was rife with problems as I simultaneously upgraded the server from Ubuntu 16.04 to 20.04. And I am new to PHP and web based applications as well, so maybe I am missing something fundamental ~ as I cannot understand how this apparent “indexing error” is not causing problems for ever other OpenEMR installation … ?

Please advise me as to another explanation for my “date range” billing manager problems.
See link below …

openemr-6-0-billing-manager-date-based-queries-not-working

Thank you,

Thomas E. Shepherd

thanks for the bug report @ThomasShepherd

it was fixed in master on the previously mentioned billing work in the other thread

1 Like

Thanks @stephenwaite! Yep, @ThomasShepherd this has been fixed in my re-write of the billing processor.