Billing: Unknown Adjustment - Reason descriptions migrating in billing to ambiguous Text

" Reason field information is migrating as “Unknown Adjustment” in the billing view and/or posting payments screens. I don’t know if this has been addressed with 5.0.2 but the lack of verbatim data requires digging around to locate what was actually entered.

Found under Visit History> Billing View, click on an entry to pull up posting screen. It is also located in list form via the main menu at Fees> Posting Payments and click entry."

The above is what was written by the EU. After digging into this for a while a come up with this.

I tried to cram as much into this one image as possible. I will cut to the chase. The final entry in the ar_activity is written by a different statement than the previous and it is, in my opinion, missing/lacking the memo statement. If the memo statement were added the ambiguous text would not occur.

I am seeking confirmation that this is the correct solution before I blunder ahead.

@stephenwaite @jagan.visolve

hi @juggernautsei, cool mash up on the right, looks like something out of the head first series
anyways am not sure, usually get to manual posting via Visit History (billing view) and clicking on the Code column that calls sl_eob_invoice where the Follow-up reason entry box is called Reason.

What I am going to do is to change the if statement to display the follow_up reason if there is no memo. The EU is expecting to see the follow_up reason show in three places. Ignore the deductible on the screen. I tried what I suggested above and that was the result. So, now that I why I will have it to display the follow reason so that all three location match up. Thoughts? Thanks for the reply.

That worked for us to sink up the notes in all areas. This gets rid of the unknown message that was confusing this EU. @brady.miller should I make a repo for this?
Line 162 change to this

$tmp['rsn'] = empty($row['memo']) ? $row['follow_up_note'] : $row['memo'];

hi @juggernautsei, please make a PR, will check it out, thank you

d1c6372
Here is the PR for this.

1 Like