Billing HCFA notes

The rejection error is this:
X12 Rejected claim error details: REJECTED SUB-ELEMENT SV101-07 IS MISSING. IT IS REQUIRED WHEN PROCEDURE CODE IS NON-SPECIFIC (SV101-02 IS B4185). SEGMENT SV1 IS DEFINED IN THE GUIDELINE AT POSITION 3700.

Digging through the code I found SV1 but I am not sure if it is the same SV1 in the error message.
I don’t know what code they were trying to bill. I will be doing a working session with them later to get a better picture of what they did.

The image above is what I have a question about. The notes on the fee sheet used to show up where I have the blue text. Those notes no longer show up where. Is this a change in the requirements?

for 837:

for hcfa:
looks like you have to use the MBO and insert comments

Which box in the MBO is used to do the note for the form?

hi @juggernautsei, it’s the additional notes text box at the bottom

@stephenwaite, additional information does go in box 19 from the MBO. In my screenshot, I typed in that box. Are you suggesting that the SV1 is box 19? Also, there are no GUI text boxes that are mapped to where I have the blue text. I did not find any in the interface.

hi @juggernautsei , if you want to send this electronically with an 837 you just have to add the proc to the NOC_CODES array in the claim class and it will grab the description of the code; electronic submission doesn’t require MBO.