Billing for Inhouse lab/Imaging work within OpenEmr

Hello;

I was looking for EHR system and stumbled on this wonder app; OpenEMR. Cannot thank enough to those to contributed to it over the years. BIG THANK YOU for a wonderfull work.

My apologies if I am repeating a question already answered. I need a way to to map a cost dollar amount for a lab procedure or scan inline with the actual procedure orders so that it totals in the fee sheet along with the other custom categories i created (for example I put in encounter fee for each visit). The idea being one bill that customer can take to payment booth before a patient is checked out. in the bill it will list each procedure order along with cost and if it is a panel of tests; the cost asisgned to it . I am using 5.0.2 and ideally would think it belongs in the procedure order creation (for example in the individual procedure given the howto; " Serum Uric Acid " test.

Thanks in advance
Faisal

As far as I can tell, the procedures function is not equipped to add fees for the procedures to the fee sheet. It has places where a plain text note can be made which could state what the fee is, but nothing actually adds the fee to the fee sheet.
One would need to create custom service codes for each procedure then add those codes and their fees to the fee sheet, similarly to how you must have added your custom service category for a visit fee. This would make it so that the provider or other authorized staff would need to add the procedure fee to the fee sheet before it’s processed when the patient checks out.
Good luck- HT

Thanks HT…but it would sure look slick if as you could create the procedures in the system you could assign fees to them in one go. May be future enhancement.

Thanks for the quick helpful response.