Backuo download does not work

Situation
When we click the backup option that systems say it s preparing but never completes the download

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 7.00

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Chrome and Firefox

Search
Did you search the forum for similar questions? Yes

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

1 Like

it is always better to download the sql backup via cpanel.
via the ftp the openemr files can be downloaded .

the inbuilt feature in openemr for generating backups has failed for me too.

Without more information, this is a difficult question to answer, as there are numerous and varied reasons why the backup operation might not complete. Missing required utilities, disk free space issues, database size, PHP/web server configuration options, and so on. At the end of the day, the best answer is usually to bypass the the UI backup option and set up proper automated method of system/data/database backup that is properly protected. Unless you have a very small amount of practice data, just the size of the database tables becomes an issue trying to use the onboard backup utility.

Really we’re not mind readers! Missing error logs check(i’m pretty sure there’d be errors), OS and patch level, all important.
Widows had pathing issues in v7 but may have been fixed in later patch.
There are several forum post concerning Backup issues. Search for and read.

Lastly as @Penguin8R graciously pointed out possible issues.
Backup is not intended for large backups although I’ve tested to GB in earlier releases. but best to do your backups on backend as suggested.

1 Like

This is the error that awe now get - I took a screen shot. I am happy to check the logs but which ones?

Which ones. Here is a screen shot o f the error I get.

How do I do this and automate it?

You can run script with task scheduler. This is an example (It is in Spanish). You must install 7zip
backupmysql-windows.bat (2.4 KB)

Hi Luis, can you zip the file and upload pl.

backupmysql-windows.7z (1.3 KB)
Saludos.
Luis