Back/Restore Up AWS OpenEMR Cloud Standard

(Ryan Cohen) #1

I have no programming experience. I somehow managed to correctly set up AWS OpenEMR Cloud Standard. I am using a mac and my chrome browser.

I see that there is a manual back-up function within the program that creates an “emr_backup.tar” file. My question is:

1. Is there a way to automate this as a daily backup (explained to someone with NO programming experience)
  2. How do I restore AWS OpenEMR Cloud Standard using this back-up file.

Again, I have almost zero program experience and am trying to learn this as I go. All of the explanations I see online seem to require programming knowledge. Also, I don’t know if they apply to the cloud version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

(Sherwin Gaddis) #2

Here is a video from AWS https://aws.amazon.com/backup/

(Frank) #3

Hi @Ryan_Cohen

I Understand your requirement and will be glad to assist you as an openEMR expert for backup AWS openEMR standard.

yes there is a way to get the daily backup.

Can we have a chat/call over Skype/zoom/goto meeting : cis.am3 so that i can analyze your requirement clearly and give you an exact solution

or simply email me at frank@cisinlabs.com

Hoping for prompt response

Regards
Frank

(ViSolve) #4

@Ryan,
For OpenEMR Cloud - Standard Edition, RDS instance(database) will take automated snapshots at the configured time of day, and encrypted backups of the OpenEMR filesystem and patient records are made via Duplicity to a stack-provided KMS-managed S3 bucket.

Backup time can be adjusted through AWS RDS control panels

Reference links

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/OEMR-OpenEMR-Cloud-Standard-Edition/B07BBT4C1H

Thanks,
ViSolve - 002

(Bella Stone) #5

I would like to assist you with the same.
Please connect on Skype or email.
Email:bellastone dot mil at gmail dot com

Waiting for your response.

Regards
Bella

(Ryan Cohen) #6

How do I restore from a backup?

(Stephen Waite) #7

it’s in the readme

(Ryan Cohen) #8

This is the error I get when I follow the readme directions.

(Stephen Waite) #9

hi @Ryan_Cohen, looks like a good question for the architect of the aws cloud packages @jesdynf

did find a lead here

(Romeo R) #10

Hi @Ryan_Cohen, could you please share with me how you’ve set up Cloud - Standard on AWS? I have no programming experience either and use the same os and browser. I did finalize the CloudFormation bit but nothing further i.e. EC2 or the other acronyms from the product description.

Thank you.

(Ryan Cohen) #11

Is there any reason I can’t just use Amazon’s native backup and restore function? I.e these functions?

(Ryan Cohen) #12

Is there any reason I can’t just use Amazon’s native backup and restore function? I.e these functions?

(Stephen Waite) #13

it’s probably ok, would be duplication of effort, not necessarily a bad thing with backups, but you should be able to find the S3 bucket where the incrementals are stored and practice restoring from there