AWS Cloud Setup

Hi,

I am trying to setup AWS Cloud version. I tried with Express approach but it doesn’t allow me to access s3 bucket to get the OpenEMR-Express.json, when I went with OpenEMR.json with AWS Admin access, it fails on creating couchdbpolicy, etc and stack is rolled back.

Another approach I created an EC2 instance with OpenEMR instance from AWS Marketplace. I was able to setup but the website throws an invalid username and password error. (I gave admin/instance id)

Regards,
Shorabh

Hello, Shorabh.

Quite a few issues here, so let’s tackle them one by one.

1. Can you tell me what region you tried to launch Express from? You did it by clicking on the launch link from that long list of options in the CloudFormation link you posted in chat, right?

2. CouchDBVolume probably wasn’t the source problem that caused the stack failure. If you could paste the full log from the Events tag, I could get a better idea of what went wrong for you.

3. As discussed in chat, we don’t have any OpenEMR instances in AWS Marketplace right no, so you were trying to use an unknown vendor’s product. We do have an instance you can try to use in beta – if you launch ami-3f1cb045 in N. Virginia (us-east-1), you might have better luck. (Mind, it’s still beta.) Your password will be the instance ID, ‘i-’ and the hexadecimal identifier.

I hope this helps!

Hello Asher,

Thanks for quick response.

1. I was trying to use Ohio, N. Virginia regions but I did tried using any of the other regions to see if I can access S3 bucket and get the OpenEMR-Express.json

2. I think the problem was KeyValue pair. Before I was trying to use a KeyValue pair created by restricted user but when I used the one created by admin, the stack was created successfully. I couldn’t figure out the next steps. Do I have to install MySQL and PHP locally or it is in one of the ec2 instances which was created.

3. I could find one of the instance in AWS Marketplace (OpenEMR powered by System Sector) and the password didn’t worked. So there is no way to setup OpenEMR express using this stack? It was one of the options on Github page.

Regards,
Shorabh

Hello,

1. is pending and will see testing later tonight.

2. check the Output tab for the URL to access OpenEMR and finish configuration – everything you need was installed.

3. Like I said, that’s currently beta but you can try launching ami-3f1cb045 in N. Virginia (us-east-1).

Hello,

1. let me know if it works.
  2. I followed the URL from the output tab, it prompts me configuration details for MySQL and PHP so I was confused which details I need to put.
  3. I will try using this image.

Regards,
Shorabh

For that middle one, the full stack, I think if you look at https://github.com/openemr/openemr-devops/blob/master/stacks/AWS-full-stack/chapters/02-Application-Servers.md you’ll see what you’re missing.

okay, I ll give it a try.

1. is now solved for N. Virginia and Ohio – you can launch them from the original link in the repo – and I’m working on fixing the other regions by hand right now. Don’t know why those permissions were wrong but they’re good now. Sorry for the trouble!

Hello,

It worked both 1 and 2. I think there is some error in creating OpenEMR AWS Full Stack version in Ohio region, creating policies doesn’t go through resulting in rollback.

Also, can I stop the stack at the end of the day to save some bucks, since we are in development phase?

Regards,
Shorabh

Ohio is STILL broken? I’ll review it.

And you can delete the full stack, but it’s hard to just stop. You may need to clean up the assets it creates, too. Personally, while you’re in development or just exploring I wouldn’t recommend using the Full Stack anyways.

Glad it all worked out!

Ohio S3 bucket goes through but it fails in creating stack.

I will delete the stack and look for other options in developing phase. Thanks for all your help.