Auto add forms based on encounter

Does anyone know if there is a way to auto add certain forms to a new encounter? For example if you create a new patient encounter it would add some new patient forms in the encounter so the Doctor only has to hit edit and fill them out, compared to having to select a form out of the clinical list. This way the doctor knows all of the forms he needs to do.

That functionality does not currently exist - to the best of my knowledge. I’m always hesitant about automating things related to encounters; some things should be manual, you wouldn’t want an accidental form added or unused forms associated with a record.

Hi bbeeken,

As Robert said,Currently we don’t have any options like that.We suggest you to customize the OpenEMR to do such things.
Please follow the suggestion below:
1.We may have two different modes of new encounter creation.
2.The first one will be default view for manual entry (like Robert said) and second one is for auto filling of new forms.
3.We think that we can have some global option to enable the new forms in encounter creation. (auto filling forms)
4.If the global option is enabled,then we can show new forms in encounter creation. (for the doctor to fill the new forms)
5.If the option is disabled, we can have the default encounter form in encounter creation screen.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Hi visolveemr, is the global option to enable the new forms in encounter creation (auto filling forms) currently available in the latest versionof OpenEMR?

Thanks
Elijah_Wisdom

Hi Elijah_Wisdom,
Currently,OpenEMR doesn’t have any features like that.We just suggested to customize the OpenEMR to have such features.

Thanks,
ViSolve

I had an idea of maybe creating a table that list all of the encounter types and which notes need to be created for each one and then have a script that will create the notes using the notes API depending on whats in the table. Then run the script with whichever function runs during the new encounter creation.

Does this sound feasible. I am amateur at this, but i am trying to get the company i work for to transition to OpenEMR, so i would like to get at least a couple of the things they want setup.

Would anyone be able to tell me where the functions are that go with opening a new encounter. Or how the process works internally?

Another option to consider would be a bit more lightweight that would potentially fulfill your criteria.

1. In Administration->Calendar->Categories, add a multiselect option to choose “mandatory” forms.
  2. In the encounter gui, rather than open up the forms, do what multipage website applications do. For example, have an indicator that 0/4 (1/4 etc.) mandatory items have been filled out with clear links/prompting to the items/forms that need to be filled out.

I like the idea of have the mandatory items list with the indicator showing which of the mandatory items were done.

I am assuming this isn’t something already made? Something we would have to build?

How would you go about creating a link to generate a form? So that each item in the list could be clicked on and a form would come up.

Hi,

This is not in the codebase, but could be a useful feature if you build this. Would consider following items:

1. Forms selection -> New “Mandatory Form” multiselect of listing of forms in Administration->Calendar->Categories
  2. Database entry -> New sql column (text field in openemr_postcalendar_categories sql table, which stores the list in json; using json then provides easy mechanism to build on this, for example, if wish to support certain groups of doctors filling out forms vs. nurses filling out other forms).
  3. GUI -> Place in the main encounter view screen. In that screen, you will note a menu at the top with form links. If in web browser, do right click->Frame->View source, you can study how those links open forms.

-brady

I see what you mean.

What do you think would be the best way to create to the list of forms? It would almost have to be something that would update itself. so as you add forms to the EHR, the list would stay updated

Would you happen to know what function/page populates the calendar category information on the page? I cant seem to find the function/query that is retrieving the calendar category information.

Hello bbeeken,
The query for retrieving the calendar category information can be found in the mentioned file
interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pnadmin.php

Thanks,
ViSolve

Thanks, that’s exactly what i needed.

I truely appreciate your help but i am still having some issues.

I think i need a little bit more hand holding. Is there anyway you could give me an idea of how to add the additional dropdown menu in the calendar category.

I have a little php function that will create an array of the forms names and Ids, and my idea is that the dropdown will populate from the array from that function, and then save the choices in a json list in a new field in the openemr_postcalendar_categories table

I know what i need to build, but i am having the hardest time trying to decipher where the page parts are,and where exactly are the variables and things coming from that populate the page. Its always kind of been my weakness. I have the hardest time trying to follow how everything is put together.

Any help would be great. I would really like to have something built, so when i present this to the department heads i can show that it is possible to make the changes they would want. If i can convince them of that, i think they would be more then willing to hire out and contribute more to openemr…

Hello bbeeken,

You can add fields into calender category.Just check out the following files, will help you to go on with your idea.
interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pnlang/eng/global.php
interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pnlang/eng/admin.php
interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/common.api.php
interface/main/calendar/modules/PostCalendar/pnadmin.php

Thanks,
ViSolve