Attach secretary to provider to handle reminder messages

Is there a mechanism for linking a secretary to a provider?
Looking through the Admin->Users form I don’t see one but there are extra fields in the users table, specifically “assistant”. Is this field used anywhere? If so how?
I am finalizing a patient messaging module and would like to send “alert” messages requiring action to a provider’s secretary inbox - the person who handles patient calls and appointments for a given provider.
Any suggestions?

Hello rmagauran,

1. Administration->Addr Book option allows to add Assistant for a user(Click on the specific user, you can able to view the assistant field).
  2. For Message notifications, need to customize the code.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Hi @rmagauran ,

Sounds like the assistant field is not what your looking for since it’s free text and you are trying to map this to other user(s). This kind of thing is definitely an issue in clinics that have triage nurses and also when providers are being covered by other providers. I’m curious what others (especially @sjpadgett whom did some recent messaging work on the portal) would think in how to best create a mechanism to support this(ie. such as a mapping table maybe).

-brady

Several ways I would approach, first being(since, you already are working on the messaging side) taking the Care Team concept from patient demographic and add to users. This way users could be mapped to each other as teams. This may even be helpful for institutional. I would add a member field along with a role.
Second, portal 2 dashboard has a chat feature that allows communicating with other users or patients in conference or as individuals.
Third, also in portal dashboard is a secure messaging feature that is e-mail like.

Both the chat and mail features communications are secured and archived to server only.
-btw: chat alerts user when message is sent.