Appointments Report

Situation
“Appointments Report” I want to change date format from d/m/yyyy to Weekday/d/m/yyyy
From “1/10/2022” to “Tue 1/10/2022”.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Win10 Pro 64bit

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

Hello @Jose_Jabe
I’m pretty sure what you’re trying to change is controlled by the code that gets its parameters from the ‘Date Display Format’ global setting in Administration/ Globals/ the Locale tab; see the pic below.
You’d need to add that option to the existing ones but it would be no trivial matter since your desired format has an extra field which would need to be accommodated wherever the date appears in the EMR.

Or maybe just for the appointments report you could locate a chunk of code that would look up or calculate the day of the week for any calendar date, and have it insert that into the report?

In any case it’d be a tricky task.
Good luck!

• Harley

Thank you for your ideas… after some reading, test and fail… I got it done.

I make the changes in 'Appointments_Report.php" adding this string around line 441

echo date(“D”, strtotime($appointment[‘pc_eventDate’]))," ",text(oeFormatShortDate($appointment[‘pc_eventDate’]))

In report I went from :

Date
24/05/2022 … to:

Date
Fri 24/05/2022

Thanx to OPENEMR community support portal…

WHY I need it ?
Well , sometimes. patients can come to appointments only on specific day of the week… when there is appointment cancelation, I have to reschedule next week but on same week day… with this addition, just looking the report I can make reschedule faster.

2 Likes

That’s great, I’m glad you found your fix.
On behalf of the OpenEMR support community, you’re v welcome!