Announcing New OpenEMR Administrators

Hi,

Although we don’t really discuss project roles very often, I wanted to announce that we have brought 2 new OpenEMR project administrators onto the project over the last several months. If you don’t know, previously, the project administrators were Rod (since 2005) and myself (since 2009). Administrators have access to all the project tools and are competent in using all of the project tools.

Since the project has been growing dramatically over the last 1-2 years along with the increasing resources/skillsets needed to administer the project, we decided to bring on 2 more administrators.

I wanted to welcome Robert Down (@robert.down), whom joined on as an Administrator in March. He basically single-handedly created the new forum and chat tools, which have been a huge boon for the project. He’s also spearheading the effort to modernize OpenEMR’s codebase and user interface. Along with an uncountable number of other cool things he is working on.

I also wanted to welcome Matthew Vita ( @MatthewVita ), whom just recently joined on as an Administrator this month. He built the registration feature, which has been huge. And he’s spearheading use of OpenEMR on the cloud, code modernization, interoperability, and use of machine learning to just name a few things he’s worked on.

I wanted to thank both Matthew and Robert for agreeing to contribute their time to administer the project.
(If only you knew what you signed up for… :smile: )

Seriously, though, being a part of this community with both of you and all the other folks that contribute is nothing short of inspiring.

thank you and congratulations!
-brady

5 Likes

@robert.down and @MatthewVita Congratulations to the both of you. we thank you all and appreciate you.

Elijah Wisdom

1 Like

Thanks for your leadership @brady.miller

Congrats @MatthewVita … I’m interested in following and assisting any machine learning initiatives with OpenEMR

1 Like

Hi John, I just wrote to you. Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

Discussion last week on moving ahead with FHIR interface development, a strategic imperative for OpenEMR.

What is the best forum for continuing this discussion?

Thanks
John

John,

I would check out Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Integration and OpenEMR and FHIR, however, do note that we don’t currently have any volunteers on this project.

-m

1 Like