Add drugs to medication list

Hello everyone,

I am using OpenEMR for a specific project and I want to add more drugs, such as cortisone. I try from administration–>layout but I can’t find the drugs category.

Thank you in advance,
Mema.

@gstamata

1. In Administration->Globals, click on the Features tab. For Drugs and Products,select the appropriate option from the dropdown and click save. So inventory option appears in the left navigation.
  2. Inventory->Management allows to add drugs in OpenEMR.

Hope the below link gives you detailed steps to add drugs in OpenEMR.
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Pharmacy_Dispensary_Module

Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
ViSolve

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

I would like to ask you also a couple of things.

1. Do I have the possibility to add the drug to the list of medications,
  2. Could I add other fields, for example in history I want to add some muscular dystrophies such as Duchenne with a drop down menu.

Thank you in advance,
Mema.

hi @gstamata , think you’ll find what you’re looking under Admininstration->Lists->Medication issue list

As always you’ve helped me a lot! Thank you @stephenwaite

you’re welcome @gstamata, please let us know about your project when it’s convenient if you’re comfortable with that

Of cource, I am doing a project for my university with title: Building biological database for muscular dystrophies. My goal is to enter fields of registries relative to dystrophies.

Hello Team,
I have added a new drug in the medication issue list namely ‘paracetemol’ but once while adding prescriptions I am not able to find this newly added drug in the ‘click here to search’. It simply says no record found.

In the administration->global->features->drugs and products which is the preferred category to be selected if I want to do so…

Also once if I select an existing drug like ‘Metformin’ I am receiving a dropdown such as the following
from where is this dropdown generated? Is there a list for it too??
Please guide…