Accessing the SQL-like database of OpenEMR

Situation
How can I see the SQL database for OpenEMR? I am trying to see the relational database of the OpenEMR for my clinic. I realize that phpMyAdmin was removed (Administrator -> Other -> Database (https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO:_Create_And_Use_Database_Views#Obtain_SQL_Code)) and that the old method is no longer valid.

I am simply trying to tap into the OpenEMR database and looking for some help.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Mac

Logs
Did you check the logs? Yes Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

You can install phpmyadmin and access it by going to ipaddress/phpmyadmin. So if your ip address is 10.0.0.1 you would go to 10.0.0.1/phpmyadmin.

Phpmyadmin is no longer available from inside OpenEMR.

Hi

You can also install webmin or MySQL workbench.

Thank you for the comment. How could one go about installing MySQL workbench?

I am unable to access phpmyadmin using your instructions. I typed in my ip address followed by “phpmyadmin”. What could be the issue?

You need to install phpMyAdmin first.

I dont have a Mac, but this is the first link I found when typing “install phpMyadmin for Mac”

MySQL workbench is located here
https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/

Any exact guidelines would be greatly appreciated. What would be the steps once I get phpmyadmin/mysql access? How would I see my EMR database scheme once I get in?

Using XAMPP, I was able to access phpMyAdmin via localhost:8080/phpmyadmin/.

However, I do not see my OpenEMR database. Could you kindly advise?

You may have to log in as root. Can you show me a screenshot of your phpmyadmin screen?

Here is my screenshot as requested. Is it possible to login as root using XAMPP?

And what is your OpenEMR database name? when you log into phpmyadmin in this screen:

you want to enter in the creds in your openemr/sites/default/sqlconfig.php file. It will look something like this:

you want to log in using the value set at $login and use the password that is set up for $pass.

If this was your sqlconfig file, you would use openemr for both login and password.

in this case the username, password, and database are all the same.

Where is the ‘openemr/sites/default/sqlconfig.php’ file located? I can’t locate any local files for my openemr as they are all on the cloud.

Also, I realized that by using XAMPP (Mac OS X only) I naturally login as the root user without entering password.

Also, I sincerely appreciate all the help btw!

Do you have a copy of your database locally?

I do not. I just hopped on this team and they can’t seem to locate the local files. Is there anyway to access or download via cloud?

It depends if you have ssh access or not.

I do have ssh access.

Do you have sudo privileges?