A thing or two about deceased patients

When we open a file of a patient who had the grave misfortune of dying (I’m afraid happens in all clinics) the Age of the patient is still displayed by OpenEMR as if he or she were alive. On the top of the page it reads: DOB 28/09/1978 Age: 39, when the patient was only 12 years old at the time of decease. I think it should display the age when the patient deceased, and not count on till the present like it does now. All versions of OpenEMR have this behavior.
It would also be helpful to change the count in the red DECEASED line after say one year from days to years. The setting in Globals -> Age in Years for Display Format Change does not seem to influence that. It now says deceased (10491 days ago) which is a bit awkward imho…
Maybe for a next update? It would help us for statistics etc.
Thank you
Roland

1 Like

hi @roland ,
These are good points and would be a nice improvement (and shouldn’t be too tough to do).
-brady

hi @roland, you inspired us :slight_smile: pt summary deceased display fix (#1788) · openemr/openemr@a0e204d · GitHub

@brady.miller, @stephenwaite, thanks MD_devs for fixing it. Will look at it soon, I was very busy developing OEMR for our vetclinic. It was one of the points the staff brought up in february when discussing “the switch”
Let me inspire you some more if the community software will let me post more issues :upside_down_face:
Roland, MVM_tryingtobecomedevbutstilllearning