A new site setup

arnabnaha wrote on Sunday, November 07, 2010:

hi…
Currently i have only the default site which i am using for my private clinic. I am planning to start a new site. For that i need to have a new database but the same server. I tried with setup.php to create a new site and a clone database. In step 3, it gets stuck. Please anyone can help in creating a new site with clone database in a step by step manner? Please help, i need this urgently…please help.

sunsetsystems wrote on Sunday, November 07, 2010:

Not enough information.  Any errors onscreen or in the PHP log?

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

OpenEMR Setup

Step 3
in the setup.php page that is showing, i am typing a site id other than default. next screen i am choosing " i have the database created". in the next screen i am providing the database password as in sqlconf file, keeping the root password blank and allowing to clone the database by checking the clone box… the next screen the following error:

Configuring OpenEMR…

Dumping source database…Error 1 running “mysqldump -u “openemr” -p"0p3n3mr” -opt -skip-extended-insert -quote-names -r C:/windows/temp/setup_dump.sql “openemr”":

Did you really create the target database in advance?  Normally the clone option expects to create that itself… not sure offhand if it will work otherwise.

Regardless, in this case you got some sort of error in the dump.  You might try running the command indicated in the error message directly on the command line, and see what sort of error results.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

I installed the openemr version 3.2.0 and on that i upgraded my database for 4.0. version of openemr by sql_upgrade. now i go to localhost/openemr/setup.php in my browser which shows all those screens. in the step 3 i get that error message. I dont know what will create a target database, it will be helpful if u could explain the procedure of creating a target database.

I ran the error message in the command line, but it shows that mysqldump is not an executable batch command.

the command line now shows -
The filename, directory name or the volume label syntax is incorrect

setup.php should create the new database for you if the form is filled out properly, including the mysql root password.

Regarding the mysqldump command, make sure the mysqldump program is installed and review its documentation to figure out what’s wrong with the command line.  It sounds like depending on your results, the setup script may need some improvement for Windows.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

arnabnaha wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010:

Thanks rod,
it will be great if some improvement is done for windows…by the way, what should be the root password and where to find the same?

sunsetsystems wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010:

The MySQL root password is usually determined when MySQL is installed.  Often it is empty.  If you can’t find out what it is, there’s this:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

arnabnaha wrote on Sunday, November 14, 2010:

Hi rod,
I did a fresh install of openemr 4.0 and started creating a new site this time.
1. I ran the localhost/openemr/setup.php script in the web browser.
2. I entered my site ID of choice in the page which came.
3. i clicked next.
4. in the next page everything green with permissions and stuff came up and i pressed continue.
5. in the next page i clicked on have setup create a database.
6. i clicked continue
7. In the next page a form came up, i filled it properly with a new database name, i kept the login name of database and password same as in sqlconf file. i entered the user name as " admin", password as “pass” and group name as " my practice name"
8. i clicked continue
9. then the following appeared as step 3 of setup:

OpenEMR Setup

Step 3

Configuring OpenEMR…

Connecting to MySQL Server… OK.
Creating site directory…OK.
Creating database… OK.
Creating user with permissions for database… OK.
Reconnecting as new user… OK.

After this nothing happens…it doesnt moves to the next step 4.

When i go to my web directory, i find a new site folder created under sites. and also a mysql database created with the name i gave in mysql/data folder.

when i try login with the site name, it just doesnt allow me to cross the login page. it gets diplayed repeatedly even after pressing login. (doesnt even shows wrong username or anything). i cant understand whats happening. i guess the new site creation isnt complete.

Please help

Arnab Naha

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, November 17, 2010:

hey,
I’m guessing this is a windows issue (along with some of your other bugs reported), since these are new features that haven’t really been tested on Windows yet. At some point, I plan to do some testing on Windows.
-brady

arnabnaha wrote on Friday, December 03, 2010:

Hi Brady, Rod and Tony

I am going to setup a new site for my practice. I want to keep the same server but the site must be different with a diferent database. setup.php is the best way to do that. since there is a windows issue with that, can you suggest a different way to do that??? it would also be great if a fix can be done with that bug…please its urgent…

sawantamey wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

In Php.ini set max_execution_time=300. Hope it helps.