2 Demos with different behavior


(Daniel) #1

Hi all. It looks like that there are two different demos that have some significant differences.

http://demo.openemr.io/c/openemr/interface/login/login.php?site=default

the other demo

https://one.openemr.io/c/openemr/interface/main/tabs/main.php

For example, when we click on the patient finder or messages, they pop up as the top tab in the first one, but in the second it doesn’t automatically open. Is there a setting that I am missing to have the patient_finder pop up automatically? Also, the widths are different.

Example:

vs

When I use the tab to get to the patient_finder it shows up normally. With rel-501 I am getting the same behavior, regardless of using compact or full. It seems that the one here:

It seems that this link is the exact copy of rel-501

https://one.openemr.io/c/openemr/interface/main/tabs/main.php

and this one is different than rel-501:

http://demo.openemr.io/c/openemr/interface/login/login.php?site=default

A few questions:
Is the branch available that has the custom code?
Is there a setting that I am missing?


(Robert Down, BSN, RN) #2

Hi @growlingflea,

Thanks for trying the demos. Under Administration --> Globals --> Appearance you’ll find the first 2 items are “Main Top Pane Screen(Or Default First Tab)” and “Default Second Tab” which dictate what tabs are opened by default.


(Daniel) #3

Thanks for the response. I have the settings that you highlighted but the issue is the difference in behavior between the two demos.

When this is clicked:
image

We get different behavior. In one demo the patient finder becomes the main focus. In the other demo, the focus doesn’t change. The other big difference is the width of the patient finder.

Example 1:

Example 2:
When the patient finder icon is clicked, we get the focus to be on the patient finder

https://seven.openemr.io/a/openemr/index.php


(Brady Miller) #4

hi @growlingflea ,

First demo (one -> c) is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub

Second demo (demo -> c) is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub

First demo is using rel-501 (which is up to patch 7) while second demo is using v5_0_1_6 (just patch 6)
(this is because I forgot to tag v5_0_1_7 and update this file to use that instead)


(Brady Miller) #5

Also, I wonder if there may be clashing in js scripts since we forgot to increment the cache busting number for patch 7. Thus if you try using them both on same browser, guessing issues may arise (which would go away if removed the browser cache).


(Brady Miller) #6

hi,

I just updated the ip_map_branch.txt script for the demo to use most recent patch (7), and just restarted the demos. Recommend deleting your browser cache and then hopefully the problem will go away.

Also note on your third demo link (to seven -> a), this is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub
(note it is using most recent development codebase)

-brady


(Daniel) #7

Are you telling me that the code in this demo:
https://seven.openemr.io/a/openemr/interface/main/tabs/main.php

is exactly the same as in this demo
http://demo.openemr.io/c/openemr/interface/main/tabs/main.php

They both are still behaving differently when I click on the patient_finder icon and the messages icon.


(Brady Miller) #8

Hi,

To clarify, 3 demos have been discussed on this thread:

one -> c is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub
(this uses rel-501 branch)

demo -> c is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub
(this uses v5_0_1_7 tag which is now the same as the rel-501 branch)

seven -> a is here:
demo_farm_openemr/ip_map_branch.txt at master · openemr/demo_farm_openemr · GitHub
(this uses master branch)

So, the code in seven->a is going to be much different than demo->c since one uses master and other uses v5_0_1_7 . This stuff would make much more sense if instead gave the link to the demo (ie. https://www.open-emr.org/demo/) rather than the hard link.

-brady


(Daniel) #9

I was able to find the problem. I compared the code to 500 since the behavior in 500 is what we were expecting. Expected behaviors:

Click on patient finder icon and the patient finder tab is created if not already, then becomes the active tab.

The behavior that did happen: Click on patient finder icon and a patient finder tab is created if it doesn’t exist already. Does not become the active tab, unless clicked on.

After removing the function as a call back and just using the code from 500, the behavior acts as desired.


(Daniel) #10

I just realized that its possible that its the new code that doesn’t work, the old code works fine. :slight_smile: