1000A PER segment EM error

Hi

I have been getting an error when transmitting wherein the Loop 1000A is adding “EM” to the PER segment. This is causing a rejection as this 5th item is supposed to be missing. Below is the code relating to this.

++$edicount;
$out .= “PER” . // Loop 1000A, Submitter EDI contact information
" . “IC” .
"
” . $claim->billingContactName() .
" . “TE” .
"
” . $claim->billingContactPhone() .
" . “EM” .
"
” . $claim->billingContactEmail();
$out .= “~\n”;

Below is the error code I’m getting:

Error Initiator: HIPAA Message Type: R
Error Code: 0x9210019
Error Message: If either of PER05, PER06 is present, then all must be present. T
he syntax rule P0506 of Segment PER is violated. Segment PER is defined in the guideline
at position 0450. Invalid data: EM
Version: 5010A1 Loop: 1000A
Segment ID: PER Element #: 5

The openemr x12 wiki claims the following:

1000A PER Section

The PER section contained in the 1000A loop is meant for information regarding an ‘Administrative Communications Contact’ person.

In the PER section contained in the 1000A loop, we have the following:

1000A PER Section

The PER section contained in the 1000A loop is meant for information regarding an ‘Administrative Communications Contact’ person.

In the PER section contained in the 1000A loop, we have the following:
The characters ‘PER’ are the first three characters, identifying the section.
The first field is the ‘Contact Function Code’, and contains the characters ‘IC’ in OpenEMR, PES, and an outside source.
The second field is the ‘Submitter Contact Name’, and contains our organization name in PES, and OpenEMR.
The third field is the ‘Communication Number Qualifier’, and contains ‘TE’ in PES and OpenEMR, indicating our billing staff should be contacted via a telephone.
The fourth field is the ‘Communication Number’, which contains the phone number to contact our billing staff.

How do I turn this off ?

Thank You,

Henry

Hello, am experiencing the same problem on my end. Wanted to signal boost this to see if anyone has any suggestions on where to look.

Feedback welcome and greatly appreciate it.

Rohit

hi @rvinod , which OpenEMR version are you running?

Thank you for responding, I am currently using OpenEMR 6.0.0,

np, look at this code if you’re able to hack that to see why it’s error-ing.