White Frames after login

Scenario
Current Server:
OpenEMR 5.0.0-dev Upgraded (with tar file) from 4.x Ubuntu 16.04 Working rather well.
Now moving to a new Server
Ubuntu 16.04 OpenEMR 5.0.1 Officlal deb and patch file.
Default DB works perfectly but after restoring data from old server. Only blank frames on login.
Tried the following:
1 - Restore from backup
2 - Export SQL from old Server, Drop tables in new OEMR and import SQL
3 - Ran sql_upgrade.php begining with 4.0

FYI: Not a file permissions issue.

Same result. No errors in apache2 log.

Hi @APerez ,

Are you seeing any errors in the php error log? White screens of death should show errors in the log.

On your prior OpenEMR 5.0.0-dev instance, would do an upgrade to 5.0.0 (as would do from 4.2.2) and ensure you run the sql_upgrade.php from 4.2.2 (and not 5.0.0) since your dev version is likely missing stuff(since dev means the version is somewhere between 4.2.2 and 5.0.0).

Then wouldn’t need to deal with any upgrading issues when transferring to the new server. (I am also assuming you used the ubuntu/debian 5.0.0-1 package to do initial install on the new server).

-brady
OpenEMR

Hi Brady
I set php7 to display errors and found that the acl_upgrade.php and acl_patch.php were not processing. Set those to 755. But that was not the issue.
I disabled SSL …Nada.
I set php7 error log to /var/log/php.log, display error messages to on and left php error types to E_ALL.
No errors logged.
This occurs only when I import the sql file from the 5.0.0dev environment it works fine with the default data generated during the initial install.
FYI: I ran the sql_upgrade.php and even installed the patch and ran sql_patch.php
-Alfonso

So I tried to recreate the error on my laptop. Ubuntu 14/PHP5/OpenEMR 5 and it works perfectly. So the problem is somewhere in 16.04 environment.
Can’t find any errors in Apache2 or PHP log files.

Weird…
I also installed other web apps such as WP and GLPI. Both use MySQL as well. No issues at all.
As I could not find any errors in the php or apache2 logs I decided to look closer at the database.
I decided to empty globals and then ran sql_upgrade.
Now after logging in I get an odd looking menu…
It is tabbed, I have the full menus at the top and only display the words One or Two on the tabs.
I then modified the gl_value of new_tabs_layout from 0 to 1.
Now when I login the frames are white.

Finally found the little bugger.
Remove this line from apache2 conf file…

Header always set X-Frame-Options DENY

Thanks brady.

Hi @APerez ,

wow and thanks for the report. I haven’t seen reports of this setting and I haven’t had issues in 16.04 environments myself yet. I hope this isn’t a new “default” setting in the more recent distributions.

-brady
OpenEMR