What is the best way to import existing patients into a new Amazon Cloud install of OpenEMR

Hello. Love this EMR system so far, but I needed to import all my existing patients into it (demographic info only). I have all the info in an excel file ready to go. I installed the Cloud Express Plus package through AWS. I just need to know how to import all the patient data.

hi @hcrossen, you’re crossing the border into docker country, probably going to need to issue mysql commands from the instance after you figure out the mapping from your .csv file to the patient_data table

https://chat.open-emr.org/channel/general?msg=zTw5mfiTQmBJWRdCx

1 Like

Hello, @hcrossen.

Unfortunately, nobody’s going to be a one-stop shop for you, but I think I can help you with getting access to the MySQL database backing Express Plus. Take a look at openemr-devops/packages/lightsail at master · openemr/openemr-devops · GitHub for how to get a query browser pointed in the right direction.

1 Like

Great, thank you both. I don’t mind if it takes a little work, anything is preferable to starting over with entering patient data.

Well after conferring with my doctor we decided to actually go with the Cloud Standard Edition. Does that change/improve my options at all for patient info importing?

Could be easier now! Standard creates an (publically unaddressable) RDS instance in the VPC. You can connect to it either from the console of the OpenEMR instance, via the console MySQL client, or create an ssh tunnel on the instance to get to the database, or you can create a VPN. (See openemr-devops/04-VPN-Access.md at master · openemr/openemr-devops · GitHub for an example of adding a VPN to a similar OpenEMR installation.)

2 Likes

Great news, thank you!