Weno integration, error starting eRx

I’m getting the error “Email Address Missing” when I try to start eRx from the patient dashboard, with an encounter open. I just finished the Weno EZ integration setup, and haven’t written my first prescription yet.

I’m using OpenEMR version 6.0.0 (1), the browser is Iridium (Chrome), the OS is Ubuntu 20.04. I did not see anything relevant in logs.

I checked the integration setup, including my user info in the OpenEMR address book - the email address there matches what I am using with Weno.

In src/Rx/Weno/TransmitProperties, I found that the error message may relate to a missing patient email address. When I add a temporary, valid email address, I then get a more extensive error message, but still no clues in the log (it just notes that records were imported from a prescription log). The error starts with:

Exception Details: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: z. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Does it specify which patient email needs to be provided? For some reason ‘trusted email’ seems to be a fave, distinct from ‘contact email’, and in some applications both need to be given. I usually just put both in there.
@juggernautsei is the weno expert here, maybe he has some advice?
Good luck- HT

1 Like

Please copy all of the file updates from the repository. These updates should clear up the issues you have mentioned.

1 Like

To clarify trusted vs contact email. Trusted email is/was meant to be used with a secured transport like Direct secure email. Contact email is used otherwise. I think for portal use, I first check trusted then use contact if trusted is not populated.

Trusted email is one of the ONC/MU requirements for sending document and such.

Agree with @htuck to be safe, populate both.