Weno eRx no longer requires registration

feature

Yes I was using real patient and it was a different patient from yesterday. The above was sent to Walgreens Store 06956 this morning. I have sent a few more prescriptions of different patients since this morning even they did not go through. I wanted to have those prescriptions log into system as electronically sent for legal purpose later.

(Sherwin Gaddis) #15

Can you give me something else to search?
I tried the Walgreens. Too many matches.

What is the name of your practice, please?

Walgreens NCPDP: 130966

(Sherwin Gaddis) #17

With that number I was able to find all your scripts. I tested all the messages and they all had the same error. Please see image below.

It is the facility zip code. I’ve changed it. I’ve sent a Rx and it has successfully transmitted.

Thank you very, very much for your help!

Have a great day!

I contacted the pharmacies and found out that they received fax prescriptions from WENO. They recommended to have the prescription send by eRX. They said that eRX will allow us to also send controlled substance meds directly since the eSignature can be sent and verified. With the fax system, we have to send in a fax with the provider signature for them to approve.

Is there a setup in OpenEMR to have WENO send eRX?

Another minor point is that the fax prescriptions did not have my DEA number on them. Is the DEA number stored at WENO and does not need to be shown on the fax , or my OpenEMR setup needs to change?

(Sherwin Gaddis) #20

Apologies for my late response. If the pharmacy signs up for Weno Mail. The script will not have to go over fax but will be routed via eRX.

Thank you for the information. I will inform the pharmacies. As always, I appreciate your help.

(A) #22

Sherwin, hoping you can help.
I set up Weno with OpenEMR and spoke to Rite Aid about sending a test prescription to see if it works.

But when I click “transmit” I get this: Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-23|17:28:04.00672Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message
Tried again: Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-23|17:40:01.68933Z|||900|Transaction rejected - invalid message

Can you help?
Thank you!

(Sherwin Gaddis) #23

The common things that go wrong are

Pharmacy MUST have NCPDPID number
Zip code can ONLY be 5 digits
Pharmacy MUST have fax number
Pharmacy MUST have phone number.

It looks like the pharmacy phone number is missing from your prescription.

is this your pharmacy?

<Pharmacy>
<Identification>
<NCPDPID>1836432</NCPDPID>
</Identification>
<StoreName>RITE AID-408 N. MORGAN</StoreName>
<CommunicationNumbers>
<Communication>
<Number>Missing Phone number here</Number>
<Qualifier>TE</Qualifier>
</Communication>
<Communication>
<Number>2703894556</Number>
<Qualifier>FX</Qualifier>
</Communication>
</CommunicationNumbers>
</Pharmacy>

(A) #24

The fax number wasn’t included, I guess I need to call Rite Aid to ask for their fax.
That isn’t the pharmacy though, NCPDP was 3383471

(A) #27

Still didn’t work.
When submitting got this message:
Weno Exchange LLC|2018-12-25|01:27:20.88730Z|001|Transaction successful||

But when calling the pharmacy they said they didn’t get it.
Can you help?
Thank you.

(Sherwin Gaddis) #28

Sure, I’ll get the this over to research and get back to you with a reply. Can you share with me the Pharmacy and the drug that was ordered so I can find it in our system?

There are often times that because the first transaction is sent via fax. Pharmacies often report the script as they didn’t get it.

(A) #29

The pharmacy was a Rite Aid with NCPDP 3383471
Test prescription was for amoxicillin
Thank you

(Sherwin Gaddis) #30

About how many prescriptions have you sent to this pharmacy?
I have 12 messages that have been sent to this pharmacy NPI. The messages started 12-23-18.

The one for asprin with the patient name of Phil. Wouldn’t make it to the pharmacy because the phone and fax are all zeros

<CommunicationNumbers>
<Communication>
      <Number>0000000000</Number>
     <Qualifier>TE</Qualifier>
</Communication>
<Communication>
     <Number>0000000000</Number>
     <Qualifier>FX</Qualifier>
</Communication>
</CommunicationNumbers>

Please check phone and fax number and try again.

(A) #31

No that is not from me.
About 3 prescriptions were sent/resent. all the same for amoxicillin, and all for the same person as a test prescription. First name begins with M
Last time it was sent was I believe 12/24

(albanyeye) #32

Sherwin
I have had 2 pharmacies recently inform me that they cannot accept Weno Rx without my signature on it. Other pharmacies have had no complaints
Is there a setting I need to turn to have my signature show up?
thanks

(Sherwin Gaddis) #33

Which pharmacies told you this?

Currently there is not signature system with Weno.

Also could you ask for a sample signature they are requesting be with the script.

That is real funny as to how are you going to add a signature to an electronic prescription. Sounds like hog wash to me.

(albanyeye) #34

Moseley Drugs in Dawson, GA
U-Save it in Albany GA

I spoke to the pharmacist and explained it them just now. He said that it was fine.
Thanks Sherwin. If anyone else brings it up i will let them know.

(Sherwin Gaddis) #35

You are welcome. I got a similar response from Weno.

Weno Response:
" If the drug was controlled they may have that issue.
Otherwise, they should call us or give us their name as the form clearly states it is ePrescribed and the prescriber has signed it using the credentials on his software. electronic signatures are valid for non scheduled anyway…and different from digital signatures."